• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

JVC Everio

Alan in TN

Question

I've thinking about the JVC Everio hard drive video camera. I read that stores in MPEG2-SP format but uses and extension of MOD. I read conflicting reviews that suggest the extension can be changed and 3rd party software, i.e. EMC 8 can load it as any other MPEG2 file. Does any thing know for certain.

Second, since the hard drive cameras are a hard drive; is there a model that can be directly accessed via XP or VISTA?

Thanks for the feedback. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,

Alan

2 answers to this question

I've thinking about the JVC Everio hard drive video camera. I read that stores in MPEG2-SP format but uses and extension of MOD. I read conflicting reviews that suggest the extension can be changed and 3rd party software, i.e. EMC 8 can load it as any other MPEG2 file. Does any thing know for certain.

Second, since the hard drive cameras are a hard drive; is there a model that can be directly accessed via XP or VISTA?

Alan

Did you skip the word "buying" in the first sentence? Search these forums for that camera and for the MOD extension.

The only thing I would caution about is to be diligent in transferring the videos to your computer . There is no way to pop in another hard drive if you run out of free space. :o

Alan

If you are serious about a video camera, I would have to say that any video camera that uses miniDV tapes is better than that JVC.

Archived