EMC 10 DVD Coaster Creator

kkujansuu

Question

Hi,

When using Roxio Disc Creator to create a DVD of music I consistently get the same error over and over again. When creator an audio disc - everything works out fine but when I try to create a DVD of music I keep getting this error and have now ended up with a huge stack of coasters.

I have tried re-installing EMC 10, I've tried a Repair install....but nothing seems to work. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this issue fixed? The error message reads ATIP or Mechanical Positioning Error.

Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

Hi,

When using Roxio Disc Creator to create a DVD of music I consistently get the same error over and over again. When creator an audio disc - everything works out fine but when I try to create a DVD of music I keep getting this error and have now ended up with a huge stack of coasters.

I have tried re-installing EMC 10, I've tried a Repair install....but nothing seems to work. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this issue fixed? The error message reads ATIP or Mechanical Positioning Error.

Any ideas?

You have a problem with your burner not recognizing your media or your burner going belly up. Update the firmware for your burner firest, and change the brand of media you are using.

I have confirmed that my firmare is the most recent....I've installed an update to the PX Engine (suggested by Roxio) and I've tried a variety of different DVDs for burning.

Now.....I still have problems! Now the error message reads CRC Medium Error.

That is definitely bad media. What brands/types of media have you tried?

That is definitely bad media. What brands/types of media have you tried?

All DVD+R and RW fr om HP, Verbatim and Staples (generic). The weird thing is that CDR and Data DVD work fine but when I try to create a music DVD with Music Creator thats when things go bad.

Archived