• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

CAPTURE FROM JVC GZ-MG130U CAMCORDER

Glenn P

Question

I recently upgraded to EMC10, and spent several hours yesterday trying to author the video shot with a JVC GZ-MG130U camcorder. The software that came with it does the capture, but can't do any titles,audio track, etc very well.

I tried to use EMC10, but kept saying no valid format found. It reads the SD memory for still shots fine.

The capture is via a USB 2.0 connection.

Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

I recently upgraded to EMC10, and spent several hours yesterday trying to author the video shot with a JVC GZ-MG130U camcorder. The software that came with it does the capture, but can't do any titles,audio track, etc very well.

I tried to use EMC10, but kept saying no valid format found. It reads the SD memory for still shots fine.

The capture is via a USB 2.0 connection.

Any suggestions?

When you connect the JVC to the computer, Windows should 'see' the JVC like an external hard drive. Just use Windows Explorer to copying the .MOD files to your internal hard drive and then change the extension to .MPG. This works for 4:3 files just fine, but for some reason, most software doesn't recognize the files correctly if recorded in 16:9. For 16:9, you will have to use the included software to save to standard MPEG format.

Archived