• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Plug n Burn

Shaunw

Question

5 answers to this question

How is the camcorder connected to your pc? If USB, that won't work. It needs to be connected using Firewire to have a chance to use Plug n Burn.

Yeah, that's the problem, I was connecting with a USB....Thanks so much for helping out a not so technically sound computer user!! Can you get a firewire at any computer store?

Yeah, that's the problem, I was connecting with a USB....Thanks so much for helping out a not so technically sound computer user!! Can you get a firewire at any computer store?

Yes - but.

You didn't list the model of the camcorder so make sure that it has a Firewire port (count the number of pins usually 4). Check your computer for a Firewire port (count the number of pins 4 or 6). Buy a good one. Look at post 14 here to see a image of the Firewire ports

The firewire will give you the best results; if software came with your camcorder, you can probabaly use that to capture but then do all your editing in VideoWave.

Suggestion, don't use plug and burn. Capture and then edit (if necessary) in VideoWave or capture and burn to DVD using MyDVD. You'll have more control and the result will be much less dependent on your computer and the state of your hard drive (defragged and lots of free space), on your video card/chip and what other programs you have running during the capture - there should be none including your anti-virus, anti-malware, e-mail and games.

Yes - but.

You didn't list the model of the camcorder so make sure that it has a Firewire port (count the number of pins usually 4). Check your computer for a Firewire port (count the number of pins 4 or 6). Buy a good one. Look at post 14 here to see a image of the Firewire ports

The firewire will give you the best results; if software came with your camcorder, you can probabaly use that to capture but then do all your editing in VideoWave.

Suggestion, don't use plug and burn. Capture and then edit (if necessary) in VideoWave or capture and burn to DVD using MyDVD. You'll have more control and the result will be much less dependent on your computer and the state of your hard drive (defragged and lots of free space), on your video card/chip and what other programs you have running during the capture - there should be none including your anti-virus, anti-malware, e-mail and games.

I have been capturing the video using windows movie maker and that has been working great. However I have a new problem, I'm using Roxio CineMagic to incorperate music into the DVD, but when trying to use songs from 'My Music' folder or from 'I Tunes' the following message appears.

"There are no media files in this folder that match the filter settings. To change the filer settings, click the filter for Media Types button. Note: There may be other types of files in this folder. Media Manager displays only media files".

How can I get my saved songs from other folders and 'I tunes' to a media type that will be regognized by this program and i'll be able to bring songs into this DVD?

Thanks,

Shaun

I have been capturing the video using windows movie maker and that has been working great. However I have a new problem, I'm using Roxio CineMagic to incorperate music into the DVD, but when trying to use songs from 'My Music' folder or from 'I Tunes' the following message appears.

"There are no media files in this folder that match the filter settings. To change the filer settings, click the filter for Media Types button. Note: There may be other types of files in this folder. Media Manager displays only media files".

How can I get my saved songs from other folders and 'I tunes' to a media type that will be regognized by this program and i'll be able to bring songs into this DVD?

Thanks,

Shaun

You can't use ITunes music; it is DRM protected.

If they are music cuts you ripped from a CD, use Sound Editor to export them to wav files. Some mp3 bit rates don't work well in this program.

Don't use CineMagic; use Video Wave if you have it.

Archived