• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problem With Dvd Burn

richard_briscoe

Question

When burning a DVD using Toast 7 I periodically encounter a media error or else the burn simply fails to progress to completion because of apparent media related problems.

The problem is that Toast normally fails to abort the burn and I have to try to force quit Toast. Sometimes I can force quit Toast amd sometimes I have to go into Activity Monitor and quit Toast there.

Here is is problem though. I simply can not let the burner to eject the faulty DVD disc without restarting the Mac. The eject button on the keyboard and the button on the drive itself will not result in the drive ejecting the disc. It is rather a nuisance having to restart the Mac because I have to shut down a bunch of other things that are running or wait for them to complete their recording which may be quite some period of time.

Has anyone encountered this?

Any ideas on how to get the bad disc out of the drive without restarting?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

When burning a DVD using Toast 7 I periodically encounter a media error or else the burn simply fails to progress to completion because of apparent media related problems.

The problem is that Toast normally fails to abort the burn and I have to try to force quit Toast. Sometimes I can force quit Toast amd sometimes I have to go into Activity Monitor and quit Toast there.

Here is is problem though. I simply can not let the burner to eject the faulty DVD disc without restarting the Mac. The eject button on the keyboard and the button on the drive itself will not result in the drive ejecting the disc. It is rather a nuisance having to restart the Mac because I have to shut down a bunch of other things that are running or wait for them to complete their recording which may be quite some period of time.

Has anyone encountered this?

Any ideas on how to get the bad disc out of the drive without restarting?

Thanks

Try following suggestions from "fingerman" using the below link though the suggestions are for Popcorn, the error is commong throughout all products.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...86&hl=sense+key

Archived