• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

BD-RE discs

Gary Walker

Question

I bought a rewrittable Fuji BD-RE Blu-ray DVD to use when testing projects etc. I had no problem the first time I used it, but on a second attempt after Rixio as if I want to reformat i said yes, it then went thru encoding, and when it went to burn it stated that the disc is incompatble....Tried several times, even reformated the disc by right clicking on disc and reformated again...any Ideas, Gary

15 answers to this question

the fix for now for Premiere is to output an AVI and let DVDit Pro HD encode from that. For Compressor, you could output a Quicktime. With the AVI or QT, DVDit Pro HD will custom write the GOPS and place the chapter points where they are supposed to be. We are checking to see if there is something in the headers of these files that is not being recognized or some other issue...

If he is using uncompliant video such as an avi then won't the encoding be based on the menu setting?

Yup- you can use ProCoder Express or ProCoder 3 to output fully compliant files that wont need encoding later. The trick is to get the parameters right- there is the ProCoder 3 target templete in the GV forum- for ProCoder Express somebody has posted those settings in this forum before- just do a search, either way it's better than using Canopus HQ files.

"It's the thought that counts" using the same drop frame and 1080i 2997fps on the menu didn't make any difference, chapters are still off, Trying the recomended file for procoder express, BUT the first option "ISO generic mpeg" cant be found in procoder express..so I can't get any further. Gary

Archived