• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Frustrating!

PapaDon

Question

EMC10 is driving me crazy! I get it to work and work on a production. I can preview it and burn a DVD to see how it looks. Then I go back to add some more. Can work for several hours adding video, music, photos. Then all of the sudden when I try to add a photo, I get a message about an "internal error" and everything freezes. No editing, no preview, no burn. I then uninstall codec and EMC and reinstall - numerous times - over several hours. And then it finally works. When I uninstall codec (klite full 3.5.3), I get this message:

The following DirectShow filter was detected as broken.

Name: ROXIO WAV Dest 3.0

Filename: <unknown>

CLSID: {1A4CF96C-3F27-4CCC-A5CC-5190D631538A}

Reg Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-00A0C911CE86}\Instance\{1A4CF96C-3F27-4CCC-A5CCC-5190D631538A}

Reason: Missing required registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_\CLSID\{1A4CF96C-3F27-4CCC-A5CCC-5190D631538A}

I also get another one about ROXIO InputSelectorNew 3.0 with similar but different numbers. Is there anyone with technical knowledge that can help me or tell me what the hell this means? I have the latest version of DirectX.

Are there any Roxio people that read these things to see all of the problems so many people are having? Hopefully, I can finish this production and I am then swithching to something else.

Don

7 answers to this question

If you are using standard video files, you shouldn't need any additional codecs. If you have other formats like MKV, FLV, or any other format that is not supported by EMC, then an appropriate codec would be needed. I don't have any additional codec packs installed. The codecs installed by EMC 10 have worked fine for me.

EMC10 is driving me crazy! I get it to work and work on a production. I can preview it and burn a DVD to see how it looks. Then I go back to add some more. Can work for several hours adding video, music, photos. Then all of the sudden when I try to add a photo, I get a message about an "internal error" and everything freezes. No editing, no preview, no burn. I then uninstall codec and EMC and reinstall - numerous times - over several hours. And then it finally works. When I uninstall codec (klite full 3.5.3), I get this message:

The following DirectShow filter was detected as broken.

Name: ROXIO WAV Dest 3.0

Filename: <unknown>

CLSID: {1A4CF96C-3F27-4CCC-A5CC-5190D631538A}

Reg Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-00A0C911CE86}\Instance\{1A4CF96C-3F27-4CCC-A5CCC-5190D631538A}

Reason: Missing required registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_\CLSID\{1A4CF96C-3F27-4CCC-A5CCC-5190D631538A}

I also get another one about ROXIO InputSelectorNew 3.0 with similar but different numbers. Is there anyone with technical knowledge that can help me or tell me what the hell this means? I have the latest version of DirectX.

Are there any Roxio people that read these things to see all of the problems so many people are having? Hopefully, I can finish this production and I am then swithching to something else.

Don

Why are you installing that codec? EMC should have installed all you needed.

When you installed the program, did you have your anti-virus running. Sometimes an antivirus program will prevent items being properly written to the registry. This is common best practices.

What is your security program? Certain functions in Norton have given problems.

When I first installed EMC10, I could use Videowave but when I went to MYDVD, I could not preview or burn. I posted a question on this forum and someone said to download the latest codec. I did and it worked. But it still doesn't answer the question as to why everything works great for a while and then freezes. I have spent the past 7 hours uninstalling and reinstalling EMC and codec. I tried only installing EMC and it wouldn't preview or burn. I finally (thank you I forgot) turned off Symantec anti-virus. But still can't get MYDVD to work. It was working fine for 4 hours earlier today. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Guess I'll go to bed and try again tomorrow.

Don

I then uninstall codec and EMC and reinstall - numerous times - over several hours. And then it finally works. When I uninstall codec (klite full 3.5.3), I get this message:
The reason I don't recommend using those shareware codec packs. Granted lots of people use them with no problems, but personally, I've never had any luck.

When I first installed EMC10, I could use Videowave but when I went to MYDVD, I could not preview or burn. I posted a question on this forum and someone said to download the latest codec. I did and it worked. But it still doesn't answer the question as to why everything works great for a while and then freezes. I have spent the past 7 hours uninstalling and reinstalling EMC and codec. I tried only installing EMC and it wouldn't preview or burn. I finally (thank you I forgot) turned off Symantec anti-virus. But still can't get MYDVD to work. It was working fine for 4 hours earlier today. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Guess I'll go to bed and try again tomorrow.

Don

So you were working with a non-standard video or audio file like DivX?

Are you using Symantec to do a scan and clean up of your hard drive when it is idle? Try turning at off entirely when you are working on videos. It may be scanning at the same time that you are running the program and your computer is having a hard time trying to run both at the same time. That program may also be flagging some of the changes as bad actions.

Okay - anti virus was turned off. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled. Still won't work. Video files were captured using EMC10. Photos are all jpeg. Audio is all standard (MP3, Wav, etc.) - no DivX. When I go to Preview in MYDVD, the menu background and audio work fine. When I click on play, I get the background music but no picture - just a black screen. If I go to Videowave, the picture plays fine. This has happened numerous times and it takes me 8 - 10 hours to continually uninstall and reinstall before it magically works again. I have no idea.

The reason I don't recommend using those shareware codec packs. Granted lots of people use them with no problems, but personally, I've never had any luck.

Gary - In my previous post, you indicated it could be a codec issue. If the shareware codec packs aren't any good, do you have any idea what I should try to get EMC10 to work? I appreciate the help.

Archived