• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

changing audio

takenpicts

Question

Hello, this is my first post... before I make a software purchase I'm wondering if Roxi will be able to do what I'm hoping. Here's my problem...

Someone asked me if I could change the background music on their DVD slideshow. I don't know what program was used to create the project. They don't like the existing music so I'm wondering if, after I save it to my hard drive, I can omit the existing music and replace it with a few new tracks.

I tried doing this in Nero 8, trial version. I tried to reformat the video segments but the audio seems to be one with the video. (Or, alternately, I just don't know what I'm doing....which is most probably the case).

Any input is welcome.

Thanks,

Rosemary

3 answers to this question

Hello, this is my first post... before I make a software purchase I'm wondering if Roxi will be able to do what I'm hoping. Here's my problem...

Someone asked me if I could change the background music on their DVD slideshow. I don't know what program was used to create the project. They don't like the existing music so I'm wondering if, after I save it to my hard drive, I can omit the existing music and replace it with a few new tracks.

I tried doing this in Nero 8, trial version. I tried to reformat the video segments but the audio seems to be one with the video. (Or, alternately, I just don't know what I'm doing....which is most probably the case).

Any input is welcome.

Thanks,

Rosemary

You cannot remove the existing audio from the video but you can mute it and add new audio. What you have to do is get the video from the DVD to your PC as an mpeg or avi file. Then bring the video into video editor (Videowave in EMC 10), mute the native audio and then add new audio to the available audio tracks. You can then use burn the "new" video back to a DVD.

Thanks Walt!!

Will I be able to save the video files with EMC 10 as a mpeg or avi file. I did manage to get the video into a mpg-4 file. Will this format work?

Yes, EMC 10 will allow you to output to mpeg or avi format as well as a lot of others.

These the formats supported by EMC 10

Supported Input Formats:

• Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, IFO/VOB, DivX, DivX HD, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264)
  • Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)
  • Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF
Supported Output Formats:
  • Video: AVI, DV-AVI, HDV, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DivX, DivX HD, WMV, WMV HD, AVC (H.264), MP4, 3GP
  • Audio: MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby Digital AC-3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MPEG-1/2, M4A, AAC, Playlists (M3U, PLS, XSPF, WPL, HighMAT, MPV)
  • Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF
  • Video disc formats: DVD, Video CD (VCD), Super Video CD (SVCD), Mini DVD

Archived