• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Video Player won't start (Leopard)

chipfiev

Question

I recently installed Toast 8 on a new Macbook Pro (Intel Core2Duo 2.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM). Toast and Tivo Transfer work fine as I was able to transfer and burn a show from my TiVo without error. However, I cannot launch the Toast Video Player. The application instantly crashes. The video player will crash whether I'm launching it from the Extras menu of Toast or from the Tivo Transfer application.

I have re-installed Toast and removed my preferences. This didn't change anything. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!

It was a codec called the following in this directory:

"XviD_Codec 1.0 alpha.component"

Macintosh HD: Library: Quicktime

I installed the codec so I could play xvid files from my Quicktime application, however I'll just use VLC since it crashes Toast Video Player. Once I removed it, Toast Video Player started working again.

Good find. You also can use the perian codec instead of the xvid one.

In case this helps...

- when trying to start the player from the terminal, I get a segmentation fault.

- the same version (8.0.3) works without a problem on my wife's Macbook with Tiger (10.4.11).

I'm guessing this is a problem with Leopard.

I recently had to replace my hard drive and, in doing so, re-installed Leopard from scratch (I had previously upgraded from Tiger). This corrected my problem. I know that isn't much help but...

I'm having the same problem with a new 24" iMac. Is there someplace I should send the 'crash.log' so this can be fixed?

In case this helps...

- when trying to start the player from the terminal, I get a segmentation fault.

- the same version (8.0.3) works without a problem on my wife's Macbook with Tiger (10.4.11).

I'm guessing this is a problem with Leopard.

I recently installed Toast 8 on a new Macbook Pro (Intel Core2Duo 2.2 GHz, 2 GB RAM). Toast and Tivo Transfer work fine as I was able to transfer and burn a show from my TiVo without error. However, I cannot launch the Toast Video Player. The application instantly crashes. The video player will crash whether I'm launching it from the Extras menu of Toast or from the Tivo Transfer application.

I have re-installed Toast and removed my preferences. This didn't change anything. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks.

I have the exact same problem running leopard on my mac.

I have also tried to launch the video player and it crashes instantly.

I sent the error report to roxio but I dont expect an answer.

I have the exact same problem running leopard on my mac.

I have also tried to launch the video player and it crashes instantly.

I sent the error report to roxio but I dont expect an answer.

Exact same problem here, any chance this is going to be addressed? Or is this one of those "we just have to upgrade to Toast 9" situations?

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!

It was a codec called the following in this directory:

"XviD_Codec 1.0 alpha.component"

Macintosh HD: Library: Quicktime

I installed the codec so I could play xvid files from my Quicktime application, however I'll just use VLC since it crashes Toast Video Player. Once I removed it, Toast Video Player started working again.

Archived