• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Photo Project not working

eyeman303

Question

I recently upgraded to RoxioEasy Media Creator Suite10 and installed the downloaded software and the Roxiocontents10 over the existing Roxio9.The Photo Projects application does not work in Roxio10. I uninstalled Roxio9,10 using windows uninstaller msiccu,deleted the program files,removed roxio and sonic from registry and removed them from documents and settings of all and my account.

On first occasion the Roxio Content10 installed alright and picture projects worked fine but after restarting the computer and running a scan by registry mechanic software ,it revealed >3000 registry errors, and after their correction ,the picture projects showed the options of old Roxio9 and a window appeared asking for content9 CD.

I followed all the steps again but this time could not install content10 CD. A window appeared stating the content is already installed,though Add-Remove program showed no Roxio10 Content entry.The picture projects gave a blank window.On restarting NTLDR went missing and Ihad to restore the same from Acronis Trueimage.I tried again but same thing happened.

Installing Roxio10 is becoming a horrible , frustating and irritating experience for me. I am losing lot of time trying out your suggestions but with no success. Please help.

3 answers to this question

OK, found EMC Content 10 entry in Add or Remove Program ,but Picture Project is not working anyway. :unsure:

In some previous versions, the program sometimes lost track of where the content is on the computer. First, do a Windows/Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs/ REPAIR. That should fix it.

BTW, are you following good installation practices of not having your anti-virus running during the install and by installing the program (and any others) to a defragged hard drive with lots of free space?

What kind or error or what kind of problem are you seeing? Are you seeing the project templates? Are you getting an error message or ????.

I use System Mchanic (both 4 and 7) and have not had that issue. What antivirus are you running?

If you want to uninstall the content entirely and then reinstall it, use the uninstall option first. Download and run "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility". See if that content is listed there. If so, uninstall it. BE CAREFUL; if you select everything, then you will have to install all your programs that are listed. Now try to reinstall.

I recently upgraded to RoxioEasy Media Creator Suite10 and installed the downloaded software and the Roxiocontents10 over the existing Roxio9.The Photo Projects application does not work in Roxio10. I uninstalled Roxio9,10 using windows uninstaller msiccu,deleted the program files,removed roxio and sonic from registry and removed them from documents and settings of all and my account.

On first occasion the Roxio Content10 installed alright and picture projects worked fine but after restarting the computer and running a scan by registry mechanic software ,it revealed >3000 registry errors, and after their correction ,the picture projects showed the options of old Roxio9 and a window appeared asking for content9 CD.

I followed all the steps again but this time could not install content10 CD. A window appeared stating the content is already installed,though Add-Remove program showed no Roxio10 Content entry.The picture projects gave a blank window.On restarting NTLDR went missing and Ihad to restore the same from Acronis Trueimage.I tried again but same thing happened.

Installing Roxio10 is becoming a horrible , frustating and irritating experience for me. I am losing lot of time trying out your suggestions but with no success. Please help.

You are posting in the forums, so you aren't talking directly to Roxio. The Content entry is EMC 10 Content, not Roxio EMC 10 Content. Have another look.

Archived