• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture MAX?

latinangel

Question

I am importing a video from my Canon HV20 in DV mode, NOT HDV mode, meaning that the video will be in .avi, and have a question about the maximum size Roxio EMC 10 can import at once. After 4GB of video, which was about 20 min, it said that it had reached it's maximum importing file size and stopped importing.

Is there a way we can get around the set maximum capacity and change it? Or am I going to HAVE TO just make several files of 4BG instead of just have one big file? :(

3 answers to this question

I am importing a video from my Canon HV20 in DV mode, NOT HDV mode, meaning that the video will be in .avi, and have a question about the maximum size Roxio EMC 10 can import at once. After 4GB of video, which was about 20 min, it said that it had reached it's maximum importing file size and stopped importing.

Is there a way we can get around the set maximum capacity and change it? Or am I going to HAVE TO just make several files of 4BG instead of just have one big file? :(

The software does not have a file size limit. If it's stopping at 4gb, then that sounds like your hard drive's file system is FAT32, which does have a 4gb limit for files. If you convert your file system to NTFS, you shouldn't have the problem any more.

Archived