• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Creator crashes when printing

Gord0

Question

4 answers to this question

When trying to print a label, EMC 10 freezes and Label Creator must be forced to end using Task Manager. Printer is not recognized in 'Page Setup'. It is an HP2600n and is interfaced on a USB port (ethernet driver not available). All other apps have no problem with this configured printer running Vista with no other issues.

I have tried to 'repair' the installation, and have also performed a complete 'uninstall' and 'fresh install' with the same results.

Is anyone else using a printer via USB and having this problem? Has anyone successfully solved a similar printing problem?

Thanks

I solved this problem and thought I should post the solution as it may be useful to others.

EMC 10 apparently does not recognize the USB connection to my printer (HP 2600n). I was using the USB rather than the ethernet as HP did not have a Vista driver. HP later released the driver update and while I installed it, I continued to use the USB as everything worked fine.

I have since connected the printer to my router and am using the latest driver. Label Creator prints using this interface.

Thanks,

Gord0

Plan A: Start – Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs – Roxio, choose Repair.

Plan B: Clean Install: Here

Thanks for the quick reply. I was considering a clean install. I did do a new install but was not sure if all of the original files had been removed. I will give your suggestions a try.

Archived