• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio missing on some m2t files when transcoded via Videowave

Cyclone

Question

I recently upgraded from EMC 9 to EMC 10. I have a Sony camcorder that I capture to disk in m2t format. Videowave/MyDVD doesn't allow editing of m2t files so when you try to import the file Videowave transcodes the m2t file to (I think) standard mp4 , which you can then edit. The issue I'm having is that many of my m2t files lose their audio tracks when Videowave 10 transcodes them to mp4. I know the m2t files have native audio because (a) when I play the m2t file in Windows Media Player or Roxio Cineplayer I can hear the audio and (B) when I transcoded the same files with Videowave 9 I had audio. What's even stranger is that Videowave 10 will transcode some of my m2t files such that they do have audio. The problem appears only on certain files.

Video is not a problem on any of the files.

I really don't want to put EMC 9 back on my machine so it would be nice if we can figure out how to make this work.

I tried the extracting audio function on these m2t files and (no surprise) I can extract audio only on the files that transcode to mp4 with audio.

Remember this all worked in EMC 9. In EMC 10 only about 30% of the m2t files come through with audio.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Cyclone

4 answers to this question

You need to identify the difference between the files that do work and the files that don't work correctly. Where they recorded differently? Did you change any settings on the camcorder, etc.

I have the Sony HC7 which records m2t and Media Import has a difficult time capturing to MPEG 2. I've never tried capturing to other formats. It get best results, I have to use Sony's Motion Picture Browser to capture my files correctly. Once captured, I can use those files in EMC 10.

You need to identify the difference between the files that do work and the files that don't work correctly. Where they recorded differently? Did you change any settings on the camcorder, etc.

I have the Sony HC7 which records m2t and Media Import has a difficult time capturing to MPEG 2. I've never tried capturing to other formats. It get best results, I have to use Sony's Motion Picture Browser to capture my files correctly. Once captured, I can use those files in EMC 10.

There is no difference between the files that I can tell. For example I have four files from the same recording session. I have been importing with the Sony VAIO Content Importer. Any time there is a break in the control track on the tape the import program creates a new m2t file. I will have three or four files from one recording session because of pauses in recording. Two of the files will have audio when I transcode using Roxio and two will not have audio. It is quite bizarre. The Sony VAIO importer only imports to m2t files as far as I can tell. Any other ideas?

The Sony VAIO importer only imports to m2t files as far as I can tell. Any other ideas?
Did your camcorder come with Sony Picture Motion Browser? The capture part of that application will transcode while it captures. You can also turn off the feature where it captures to multiple files.

---

Just got back from a Thanksgiving trip and captured some HDV. According to GSpot, my files are MPEG 2 with MPEG audio. I have the exact same problem, too. One file will have auto and another won't.

Archived