• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Runtime Error and RoxMMTray App shutting down

Frustrated to the Max

Question

I purchased Easy Media Creator 9 and then 10 in hopes of getting it to work without constant erros posting. No such luck. I keep getting these errors:

Runtime Error! Program...ommon Files\RoxioShared\10.0\SharedCom\RoxWatchTray10.exe. The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. PLease contact the application's support team for more info. I have sent several trouble tickets and each suggestion does nothing to stop the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, including with firewall and anitvirus turned off. Does anyone have any solutions? With all the horrible notes in the discussion groups, it's a wonder Roxio is still in business. I'm very frustrated. :angry:

3 answers to this question

I purchased Easy Media Creator 9 and then 10 in hopes of getting it to work without constant erros posting. No such luck. I keep getting these errors:

Runtime Error! Program...ommon Files\RoxioShared\10.0\SharedCom\RoxWatchTray10.exe. The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. PLease contact the application's support team for more info. I have sent several trouble tickets and each suggestion does nothing to stop the problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, including with firewall and anitvirus turned off. Does anyone have any solutions? With all the horrible notes in the discussion groups, it's a wonder Roxio is still in business. I'm very frustrated. :angry:

Are you running XP or Vista? If you are running XP, on your desktop, click on the Start button, then Run, then type msconfig in the text box, and click ok. On the screen that comes up, click on Startup, and uncheck all Roxio items that have checks in them.

Click on Apply, then OK, then reboot your computer. When the box pops up at startup, put a check in the box in the lower left corner, so you don't get that box each time you boot up.

I was using VISTA when I was getting all the error messages. The Roxio unsupport center said to go to msconfig (which I already know how to do) and: "Uncheck the box next to roxwatchtray.exe or commonSDK if you are using Windows Vista." Apply and reboot of course -- this made the entire software un-launchable. Nothing would work. Even the printer lost connection. The desktop shortcut icon was still there but you could click all day and nothing would happen. Same thing if you went to programs and tried to launch it directly. Now, they say to use this patch: http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/MyDVD/000131CR?set-locale=en. What astonishes me is that I've submitted about a dozen trouble tickets and no recommended solution ever solves the problem. I don't think there is a real person responding. Key words from my trouble ticket must generate an automated response. No one ever answers the phone line either. At least you responded - are you a real person?

Anyway, I didn't try the patch because I uninstalled all the Roxio files, including those from the registry and I have installed it on my laptop that has Windows XP and I don't receive any error messages when it launches. The box for Media Creator 10 says it's VISTA certified but apparently it's not. We'll see how well it works.

Archived