Can I Make Dvd From Final Cut Pro With Mac Os 9?

kevtrout

Question

I have a mac with OS 9 on it. It also has Final Cut Pro 1.2 and a DVD burner. (I had an outdoor TV show about 5 years ago and used to edit on the machine).

I have some videos of my son that I would like to put to DVD. They are currently on mini-DV. Am I able to do that with my current hardware and software configuration?

Are there any idvd programs that run on OS 9? I'm afraid to upgrade to Mac OS 10 for fear that FCP 1.2 will no longer work. What do you suggest?

Thanks,

kevtrout

4 answers to this question

I have a mac with OS 9 on it. It also has Final Cut Pro 1.2 and a DVD burner. (I had an outdoor TV show about 5 years ago and used to edit on the machine).

I have some videos of my son that I would like to put to DVD. They are currently on mini-DV. Am I able to do that with my current hardware and software configuration?

Are there any idvd programs that run on OS 9? I'm afraid to upgrade to Mac OS 10 for fear that FCP 1.2 will no longer work. What do you suggest?

Thanks,

kevtrout

Err ... I think everyone here uses a PC.

You might be better off posting one one of the Mac forums further down the list, even if you don't have the program in quetion.

Lynn

Thanks,

kevtrout

I suggest you go to LaCie.com and check out the FastCoder. It comes with a DVD authoring application called CaptyDVD 2 that might work in OS 9.

Archived