Two questions: Video capture and audio

KrazyKat

Question

Hi,

I am considering purchasing EMC 10, but there are a couple of functions that I am interested in and I'm not certain I could do with this software. I've looked through the product descriptions but as I haven't seen either of these topics specifically addressed, I'm just not sure.

The one thing, which I'm assuming I'd be able to do, is record ring tones for my cell phone from music cds. The second thing is that I'd like to be able to capture and save to my hard drive videos from sites such as YouTube.

Well, any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I am considering purchasing EMC 10, but there are a couple of functions that I am interested in and I'm not certain I could do with this software. I've looked through the product descriptions but as I haven't seen either of these topics specifically addressed, I'm just not sure.

The one thing, which I'm assuming I'd be able to do, is record ring tones for my cell phone from music cds. The second thing is that I'd like to be able to capture and save to my hard drive videos from sites such as YouTube.

Well, any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If that's all you want to do or your decision is based on those two items, there may be better options for you.

Yes, you can make ring tones in the program but the ability to use them is dependent on your phone. If it requires you to download ringtones from a "phone call" then no. If you can connect your phone to your computer using USB, then probably depending on the ringtone format. What phone do you have?

As for capturing U-tube videos, you already have the capability to do that. Read this. or you can try Super. I have not tried that so I can't comment.

If you want to make CDs, music DVDs, capture videos from a camcorder/VHS/ or capture music from an LP or cassette, back up files on your computer, burn DVDs of home movies, then this is an excellent suite of programs. Again depending on your computer exceeding the minimum specifications.

If that's all you want to do or your decision is based on those two items, there may be better options for you.

Yes, you can make ring tones in the program but the ability to use them is dependent on your phone. If it requires you to download ringtones from a "phone call" then no. If you can connect your phone to your computer using USB, then probably depending on the ringtone format. What phone do you have?

As for capturing U-tube videos, you already have the capability to do that. Read this. or you can try Super. I have not tried that so I can't comment.

If you want to make CDs, music DVDs, capture videos from a camcorder/VHS/ or capture music from an LP or cassette, back up files on your computer, burn DVDs of home movies, then this is an excellent suite of programs. Again depending on your computer exceeding the minimum specifications.

Hi, and thank you for your reply.

And actually, I am looking for a product that does more than simply record ringtones and capture online videos. However, those are two of the abilities I would like for the program to have. And in reading the product description it sounded as though this package would handle those two functions, but I didn't see where it was stated explicitly. Therefore, if I bough it and it turned out that it wouldn't do one or both of those functions then I would be stuck having to buy at least one additional program, which is what I'd like to avoid.

As to my phone, it's an LG-VX8300 (Verizon). I don't have a USB cable to connect to my computer, but I added a micro SD card to the phone so that I could transfer pictures to and from the phone and computer. I was assuming that I would be able to transfer ringtones to the phone the same way. Is there any reason you know of why that won't work?

And finally, while I haven't done so yet, I will be checking out those links you supplied. Thanks for those as well.

Hi, and thank you for your reply.

And actually, I am looking for a product that does more than simply record ringtones and capture online videos. However, those are two of the abilities I would like for the program to have. And in reading the product description it sounded as though this package would handle those two functions, but I didn't see where it was stated explicitly. Therefore, if I bough it and it turned out that it wouldn't do one or both of those functions then I would be stuck having to buy at least one additional program, which is what I'd like to avoid.

As to my phone, it's an LG-VX8300 (Verizon). I don't have a USB cable to connect to my computer, but I added a micro SD card to the phone so that I could transfer pictures to and from the phone and computer. I was assuming that I would be able to transfer ringtones to the phone the same way. Is there any reason you know of why that won't work?

And finally, while I haven't done so yet, I will be checking out those links you supplied. Thanks for those as well.

It depends on your phones set up. If it you can select a ringtones menu from you phone's memory card, then yes. I have a different phone and card and I can put ringtones into a separate folder on the card. I can also just select any music on my phone to use for a ring tone. See if you can do that - select a music file as a ringtone. Most newer phones will take an mp3 or wma file as a ringtone.

Some phones will not allow this. I took some time to read about this phone and they do not mention the ability to transfer music from your computer to a ringtone on your phone. I think Verizon is one that requires a blue tooth or phone call for the ringtones. I strongly suggest that you contact Verizon to see what options you have.

Good luck, I think they have a group of people who stay up at night to make sure that if you get one function you want on the phone, then you can't get a second without upgrading. :unsure:

Archived