• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trouble installing Roxio 10

Devil Girl

Question

9 answers to this question

I purchased Roxio 10 on line & downloaded it, however while trying to install it I keep getting this error message: You must install Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 before installing the content.

What do I do to get beyond this point so I can use the product?

Based on what you have said in your post, my best guess is that you are trying to install the "Content" portion of your program first. You need to install the "Program" download first, then reboot and then install the Content portion. Your download should have included both the "Program" portion and also the "Contents" portion.

Frank...

I actually didn't choose what I was installing. I saved the product to my desk top as recommended & then I clicked on it to instal...... Is there something else that I should be doing? I'm obviously not very good at this. In fact this is my first time in a "forum" so I don't even know if I'm doing this right.

I actually didn't choose what I was installing. I saved the product to my desk top as recommended & then I clicked on it to instal...... Is there something else that I should be doing? I'm obviously not very good at this. In fact this is my first time in a "forum" so I don't even know if I'm doing this right.

If you just purchased the download, you can go back and download the PROGRAM file. Don't wait to long or they will shut it off on you.

First, don'r worry about how you are doing on the forum--You're doing fine.

That's good that you saved the downloads to your desktop. Keep them there and after you have installed the program and content portions, you can use the program to burn the downlaods to a disc so you will always have it in case something else happens.

What programs did you download ? I assume you downloaded it directly from the Roxio website. What is the name of the file or files that you downloaded ? If it was just one file, the "Content" portion of the program (Thats the part that has all the templates and other usefull files you use with the program) was included with the download and one you install, it should install the entire program.

If the downlaod is still on your desktop, just right click on the file and then click on "OPEN". It should be an "executable" file that will start the installation.

Frank...

1. Click on the Program exe file, and install.

2. Reboot.

3. Click on the Content exe file, and install.

The easiest way to make sure you can do this is to choose to save your download, not to automatically run it once it has been downloaded. Somenone in my family (who will rename nameless lest I be shunned) often choose the wrong option for this step :D

The easiest way to make sure you can do this is to choose to save your download, not to automatically run it once it has been downloaded. Somenone in my family (who will rename nameless lest I be shunned) often choose the wrong option for this step :D

I am having the same prob. I D/L'ed the content first and got the error. When I went to the D/L site...I do see 2 download buttons, but one isn't labelled at all...nor does it say you will need both huge files so its very confusing

I am having the same prob. I D/L'ed the content first and got the error. When I went to the D/L site...I do see 2 download buttons, but one isn't labelled at all...nor does it say you will need both huge files so its very confusing

Where are you getting this Easy Media Creator 10 download from?

Archived