• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

"Dell Media Experience" How (and if) to uninstall when installing Easy Media Creator 10

jmc1976

Question

Could anyone help me with some info about Dell Media Experience?

My computer is an XPS 400 that I got in June of 2006. Windows XP MCE.

I just bought Roxio's Easy Media Creator 10 Suite, and I'm not sure whether or not there is anything in Dell Media Experience that I still need. The new software comes with the updated version of Cineplayer, MyDVD, the RecordNow burning apps, and more. It doesn't appear to come with DLA (drive letter access), that I can tell.

Other than those features that are upgraded by the new software (although the only thing the new softare uninstalled and replaced was updating software--so the DMX stuff is all still there), is there anything else to DMX? Is there any reason not to uninstall it? (I've been having issues with mouse lag since installing the new software suite--I'm hoping that will go away after uninstalling the old stuff).

I'm also not quite sure what to uninstall. In Add/Remove Programs is a "Dell Cineplayer," the RecordNow apps (the new version has them integrated into something else), "Games, Music, and Photo Launcher," and "Roxio MyDVD LE." I don't know if there is more, or if I shouldn't even mess with some of what's there.

Also, is there any use for the DMXLauncher.exe file in startup, if everything properly uninstalls?

(I'm hoping to uninstall my new software first, uninstall the Dell Media Experience, and then reinstall the new software.)

Thanks alot if anyone can help.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived