• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

LG GSA-E60L DVD-RAM

Logan

I have a new LG GSA-E60L running on a Gateway, Windows XP, Roxio 5.x with patches provided by Roxio. Under "My computer" the drive is labelled as a DVD-RAM. As soon as I put in a DVD+R DL Memorex disc it switches to being labelled a CD device. I am unable to write to the disk under Roxio or windows. When I double click the drive I get an "incorrect function" message. Have right clicked the drive and unchecked writing to CD under record with no joy.

I suspect it is the old Roxio software but why can't I write using Windows alone?

Will removing the Roxio software release Windows to write to the DVD?

Any ideas? Thank you!

Logan

I have a new LG GSA-E60L running on a Gateway, Windows XP, Roxio 5.x with patches provided by Roxio. Under "My computer" the drive is labelled as a DVD-RAM. As soon as I put in a DVD+R DL Memorex disc it switches to being labelled a CD device. I am unable to write to the disk under Roxio or windows. When I double click the drive I get an "incorrect function" message. Have right clicked the drive and unchecked writing to CD under record with no joy.

I suspect it is the old Roxio software but why can't I write using Windows alone?

Will removing the Roxio software release Windows to write to the DVD?

Any ideas? Thank you!

Logan

Is that Roxio 5.x correct? If yes then vers 5 does not recognize DL discs and XP does not write to DVDs.

Depends on your computer specs.

The alleged system requirements for EMC 10 on WinXP are wildly optimistic if you want to do video work. Figure more like 2GHz of processor and 1.5GB RAM - it may work with less than that but it will take "forever". Digital Guru James Harden once posted that using a computer with PIII 550 Hz, it took 8hours to render a 1 hour video.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...&hl=8+hours

Lynn

Archived