Disc Verification Fails Every Time I Burn A Dvd

cernes

Question

java script:emoticon(':)',%20'smid_17')

I just purchased Toast 7 Titanium and every time I try to burn a DVD or CD, the message says: "Verification failed, disc may be unusable." This isn't very comforting and frankly, annoying. I never have a problem using the internal burner on my Dual G5. The RAM is fine and I've recently used Disk Warrior. The software came already upgraded to 7.0.2. The same problem occurs with disc scanning. I can't re-burn because the first disc isn't "verified." At this point, the software is unusable. Anybody have suggestions?

7 answers to this question

Check your media what type are you using the 55 cents a disc type always fails verification on my mac mini. I always spring for the verbatim media. It could be you just got a bad batch of media.

I'm using Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD discs, which are supposedly highly rated.

Roxio support is basically helpless. They blamed the problem on my Mac, in that it needs a firmware upgrade and /or Tiger needs a patch. I'm up-to-date on it all. I threw the box out so can't get a return thru Buy.com, where I purchased Toast 7, so I'm stuck.

I'm using Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD discs, which are supposedly highly rated.

Roxio support is basically helpless. They blamed the problem on my Mac, in that it needs a firmware upgrade and /or Tiger needs a patch. I'm up-to-date on it all. I threw the box out so can't get a return thru Buy.com, where I purchased Toast 7, so I'm stuck.

What model mac do you have and do you have applecare? Maybe a clean install will help if and only if you are absolutely sure all your data is backed up?

What model mac do you have and do you have applecare? Maybe a clean install will help if and only if you are absolutely sure all your data is backed up?

Also just out of curiousity just please try and burn a different brand of media. Go to the closest most convenient store like radio shack or something and get maxell media five pack and just burn one to see if you get the same results. Also before you try that burn trash all your preferences by using spotlight for toast 7.0.2 or whatever you are using. Do this twice. Then reset your pram. Then verify and repair your disc permissions and then try the test burn. DO NOT THROW out the preferences if you threw out the serial numbers and other numbers from the package also.

Hope this helps,

Rich w

Also just out of curiousity just please try and burn a different brand of media. Go to the closest most convenient store like radio shack or something and get maxell media five pack and just burn one to see if you get the same results. Also before you try that burn trash all your preferences by using spotlight for toast 7.0.2 or whatever you are using. Do this twice. Then reset your pram. Then verify and repair your disc permissions and then try the test burn. DO NOT THROW out the preferences if you threw out the serial numbers and other numbers from the package also.

Hope this helps,

Rich w

Thank you for trying to help me with this problem.

I'm using a Dual 2.5 GHz PowerMac G5, 3.5GB RAM, OS 10.4.5, and Toast Titanium 7, upgraded to 7.0.2. I've recently did a clean install. I already ran the verify disc permissions and just did it again. I also just reset the PRAM, deleted Toast preferences, etc., and the same problem occurs with the Taiyo Yudon discs. I'll haveto get the Maxell discs tomorrow and try them. I doubt there is a problem with this stack of Taiyo Yudon discs because I've already used a bunch from the same stack when I burned DVD's with the Mac's internal DVD burner. The problem isn't the discs; it's either Toast or there's a compatibility issue between the two. Once again, since Roxio support is basically "unsupportive" of this problem, I'll most likely haveto sell the software as it's been nothing but a waste of money and time.

What drive? What firmware? What kind of data?

Which drive are you talking about? Roxio support suggested I check Apple's website for the latest firmware update for Tiger and the G5's internal CD/DVD drive. I am up-to-date on all. As for data, I'm trying to burn mainly images. I just need to get them off my harddrive and archived.

If you have an Apple drive, that could be the problem. Apple doesn't update firmware, and ships many different drive. What does the Recorder info say the drive is and the firmware version in Toast. If you have a Pioneer drive, you can flash it with a better firmware.

I suggest save a disc image first, then burning the image and see if that solves the problem. Not all verification errors means the disc is bad.

java script:emoticon(':)',%20'smid_17')

I just purchased Toast 7 Titanium and every time I try to burn a DVD or CD, the message says: "Verification failed, disc may be unusable." This isn't very comforting and frankly, annoying. I never have a problem using the internal burner on my Dual G5. The RAM is fine and I've recently used Disk Warrior. The software came already upgraded to 7.0.2. The same problem occurs with disc scanning. I can't re-burn because the first disc isn't "verified." At this point, the software is unusable. Anybody have suggestions?

Check your media what type are you using the 55 cents a disc type always fails verification on my mac mini. I always spring for the verbatim media. It could be you just got a bad batch of media.

Archived