• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

7.5 Email Default--need Outlook Express

lsimnick@comcast.net

Question

8 answers to this question

The way it sounded, the OP did have his e-mail defaulted to Outlook Express and then I am assumimg he might have tried using EMC to e-mail a photo as suggested, and in doing so it changed for that particular

e-mailing to Outlook. I wonder if the OP went back and sent an e-mail like most all of us do , if his default would still be Outlook Express, or if for some reason EMC completely changed the default to Outlook. If what you suggest Bruce doesn't work (Tools in Internet Explorer etc.) then the OP might try just removing Outlook and get back to his Outlook Express and then re-installing Outlook. As I remember once Outlook Express is the default, it asks you if you want it to always check to see if you want to change before doing so. I have Microsoft Office installed on my computer but never use Outlook, so I have never had that problem.

Frank.......

The way it sounded, the OP did have his e-mail defaulted to Outlook Express and then I am assumimg he might have tried using EMC to e-mail a photo as suggested, and in doing so it changed for that particular

e-mailing to Outlook. I wonder if the OP went back and sent an e-mail like most all of us do , if his default would still be Outlook Express, or if for some reason EMC completely changed the default to Outlook. If what you suggest Bruce doesn't work (Tools in Internet Explorer etc.) then the OP might try just removing Outlook and get back to his Outlook Express and then re-installing Outlook. As I remember once Outlook Express is the default, it asks you if you want it to always check to see if you want to change before doing so. I have Microsoft Office installed on my computer but never use Outlook, so I have never had that problem.

Frank.......

Same here, Frank. I have Microsoft Office XP, and I did not load Outlook, because it acts like Drag to Disc does, in EMC. It tries to rule the world. :)

I have EMC 7.5 and I had outlook express defaulted to send email photos. Now it defaults to Outlook, and I don't use Outlook. How do I get back to "Outlook Express"?

In Internet Explorer, click on Tools (at the top of the screen), click on Internet Options, click on Programs, then change your e-mail and newsgroups to Outlook Express.

BTW, I don't see the correlation between having EMC 7.5 and your default e-mail changing. Please elaborate.

In Internet Explorer, click on Tools (at the top of the screen), click on Internet Options, click on Programs, then change your e-mail and newsgroups to Outlook Express.

BTW, I don't see the correlation between having EMC 7.5 and your default e-mail changing. Please elaborate.

Bruce, in Photosuite, when you want to email a photo from the Email Asst., it defaults to your default email program. You can use 'Other' which saves the file to a folder you choose so that you can then attach it using whatever email program you want. Using the default email program does save a few steps.

I assume this is what the poster is referring to.

Bruce, in Photosuite, when you want to email a photo from the Email Asst., it defaults to your default email program. You can use 'Other' which saves the file to a folder you choose so that you can then attach it using whatever email program you want. Using the default email program does save a few steps.

I assume this is what the poster is referring to.

Ahhh, thanks Paul. Whenever I want to send a photo, I open up my e-mail, type a message to someone, and attach the photo that I want to send. I don't do it through any program. :)

Ahhh, thanks Paul. Whenever I want to send a photo, I open up my e-mail, type a message to someone, and attach the photo that I want to send. I don't do it through any program. :)

Same here, I think Photosuite is just trying to make it easier for those who don't know how. I'm still not sure this is why the OP was asking.....I'm curious.

Archived