Dvd Compression Result In Poor Quality What Are My Options?

medic427

Question

I used to use dvd2onex and then use toast 6.0 to burn my dvds that I wanted to compress then burn. I figured I love toast and skip the other software and use toast 7.0 for both compression and burning. I was wondering except for going for movie only are their any settings to change to make a better quality compression burned disc? If there is not then I guess the only choice is to buy dvd2onex in it's latest incarnation. Or if you really wanted to want your customers happy Roxio you may want to rewrite your digital video compression engine for higher quality. Even if you charge a small fee for an update. Roxio are you listening? In the meantime does anyone have any suggestions for me?

2 answers to this question

I used to use dvd2onex and then use toast 6.0 to burn my dvds that I wanted to compress then burn. I figured I love toast and skip the other software and use toast 7.0 for both compression and burning. I was wondering except for going for movie only are their any settings to change to make a better quality compression burned disc? If there is not then I guess the only choice is to buy dvd2onex in it's latest incarnation. Or if you really wanted to want your customers happy Roxio you may want to rewrite your digital video compression engine for higher quality. Even if you charge a small fee for an update. Roxio are you listening? In the meantime does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Especially with any movie with lots of action. I thought the days of artifact were over. I guess not. Now, my next question is what happens to my burn if Ignore the warnings and make a movie only copy? Even when the software recommends and tells me not too due to the fact it has multiple titles? What do I lose besides the video tracks I really do not want any way?

Especially with any movie with lots of action. I thought the days of artifact were over. I guess not. Now, my next question is what happens to my burn if Ignore the warnings and make a movie only copy? Even when the software recommends and tells me not too due to the fact it has multiple titles? What do I lose besides the video tracks I really do not want any way?

With movie-only there is no menu on the resulting DVD. When you insert the disc the movie will start to play. The only other drawback to movie only is there are a few DVDs that have both a widescreen and fullscreen version on the disc. Toast chooses the first movie and that may not be the version you wanted. There's a way to work around this if you encounter one of those. It involves using the Toast Media Browser to extract the title you want from the VIDEO_TS folder.

Archived