• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave-trimming Unwanted Video

abearblues

Question

This seems so wierd but I have really tried to figure out how to trim unwanted footage from the DV video that I have downloaded to version 8.0. I understand the trim feaure where you can trim the front start point and the endpoint of the video but how do I simply delete all the video I don't want in the project? My video file uncut is about 50 minutes in length and I would like to eliminate about half of the footage. Thanks for any advice!

3 answers to this question

I'm hoping I am understanding that you had captured the video from your camera to a video file on your computer??

Best results are obtained by using videowave.

Information on editing in videowave:

1. Drag the clip to the video track in the timeline view.

2. Using Production Preview controls or sliding the yellow vertical marker along the timeline, locate the beginning of the video portion to be cut out.

3. Right click on the video clip and select SPLIT or click the Split icon

4. Move the marker to the end of the portion to be cut out and split again

5. Point to and right click on the portion to be cutout and click Delete.

This seems so wierd but I have really tried to figure out how to trim unwanted footage from the DV video that I have downloaded to version 8.0. I understand the trim feaure where you can trim the front start point and the endpoint of the video but how do I simply delete all the video I don't want in the project? My video file uncut is about 50 minutes in length and I would like to eliminate about half of the footage. Thanks for any advice!

Thanks! That did the trick...

Archived