transfer of files

sabina

Question

Help please:

I am running win xp with all updates and IE 7. Just read in your postings that EMC 7 and IE7 don't cooperate. Should I roll back to IE 6 please? - that's one question....

the other question is: I just purchased EMC 10 assuming it had the same features or improved as EMC 7 but found there were far less photo frames, mats etc. to EMC 10. I am stuck with EMC 10 however since I did not purchase it online. Question now is: is it possible to transfer some of the photo frames, mats and edges which one finds in EMC 7 ? Can they be transferred into EMC 10?

If so, how do I do this? just add them to the existing folders in EMC 10?

I really prefer running EMC 7, but since I now own vers. 10 also, and don't want to run both, (space), what do I do please? I am tired by now of re-installing, uninstalling, re-installing and many crashes.

Please help somebody.

Thanks,

Sabina.

6 answers to this question

You're welcome.

By the way, some users reported having no problem with both EMC 7.5 and EMC 10 installed in the same PC.

I know. I have rolled my xp back to IE6 and tonight I have had no problems with EMC 7. I am kind of nervous re-installing EMC 10, but if I can transfer some of the frames, mats and backgrounds that EMC 7 has, then everything would be perfect and I can uninstall vers. 7. I have just been very disappointed with vers. 10 and its lack of photo frames etc.

Do you think I could transfer some of my favorite frames etc.? either via C...Documents and Settings...all users.....application data..........etc. or just move them into the existing folders of vers. 10?

Just to make you laugh: I have also bought online from Roxio Photosuite 8! And it's too late to get a refund, so here I am stuck with three programs, all of them lacking one thing or another.

Sorry if I appear difficult.

But thank you for helping.

Sabina.

I know. I have rolled my xp back to IE6 and tonight I have had no problems with EMC 7. I am kind of nervous re-installing EMC 10, but if I can transfer some of the frames, mats and backgrounds that EMC 7 has, then everything would be perfect and I can uninstall vers. 7. I have just been very disappointed with vers. 10 and its lack of photo frames etc.

Do you think I could transfer some of my favorite frames etc.? either via C...Documents and Settings...all users.....application data..........etc. or just move them into the existing folders of vers. 10?

Just to make you laugh: I have also bought online from Roxio Photosuite 8! And it's too late to get a refund, so here I am stuck with three programs, all of them lacking one thing or another.

Sorry if I appear difficult.

But thank you for helping.

Sabina.

What favourite frames are you talking about? As far as I know, EMC 10 has the same frames as EMC 7. My EMC 7 shows 48 frames and my EMC 10 also has 48.

What favourite frames are you talking about? As far as I know, EMC 10 has the same frames as EMC 7. My EMC 7 shows 48 frames and my EMC 10 also has 48.

Sorry for the "me too" post but I agree that there are 48 "frames" in V10 Photosuite.

Look at the Roxio folder on your computer and navigate to the Photosuite subfolder and look at contents. One subfolder will be frames. You should have 4 in each of several subfolders. If you don't see them, you may have a bad install and should consider a program repair via Windows.

Yours may not be exactly the same path because I have both V9 and V10 installed on my computer but it should be something like this:

C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite\PhotoSuite 10\Content\Borders\Frames

If you do want to re-install EMC 10, please read the post about the possible error NTLDR missing on start up.

Archived