Sign in to follow this  
BG of Arden

Using Old Label Files in Roxio 9

Question

I have created many CD/DVD label files using Roxio 5. I now have Roxio 9 that came with my new HP computer. Roxio 9 does not seem to read Roxio 5 label files. How can I use Roxio 5 label files in Roxio 9? I hope the answer is not "recreate the files in ver. 9" because I have many files that I want to use.

7 answers to this question

I have created many CD/DVD label files using Roxio 5. I now have Roxio 9 that came with my new HP computer. Roxio 9 does not seem to read Roxio 5 label files. How can I use Roxio 5 label files in Roxio 9? I hope the answer is not "recreate the files in ver. 9" because I have many files that I want to use.

You can't use the ones from version 5. I won't tell you the other part that you don't want to hear. :)

You can't use the ones from version 5. I won't tell you the other part that you don't want to hear. :)

Pardon me Bruce, but you can open and use Version 5 .JWL files, and even earlier versions, in Roxio Label Creator 9. I did it a couple of minutes ago.

BG, the secret is to go to stage 3 of Express Labeler and then click the button which says "Edit in Label Creator". Once you're in Label Creator use file > open to get your version 5 *.JWL files.

A more direct way to run Label Creator is to go through Start > Programs > Roxio > Tools > Label Creator and make a desktop shortcut for the program.

Regards,

Brendon

Pardon me Bruce, but you can open and use Version 5 .JWL files, and even earlier versions, in Roxio Label Creator 9. I did it a couple of minutes ago.

BG, the secret is to go to stage 3 of Express Labeler and then click the button which says "Edit in Label Creator". Once you're in Label Creator use file > open to get your version 5 *.JWL files.

A more direct way to run Label Creator is to go through Start > Programs > Roxio > Tools > Label Creator and make a desktop shortcut for the program.

Regards,

Brendon

Good, I stand corrected.

First of all there is no stage 3 on Roxio Express Labler 3.1.1.12, which is installed with Roxio 9. Second of all on step 3, which i assume is what Brandon meant as stage 3, there is no "Edit in Label Creator", only a print option. Brandon please clearify what version you are using or show us where this magical option is located.

First of all there is no stage 3 on Roxio Express Labler 3.1.1.12, which is installed with Roxio 9. Second of all on step 3, which i assume is what Brandon meant as stage 3, there is no "Edit in Label Creator", only a print option. Brandon please clearify what version you are using or show us where this magical option is located.

Did you notice that you are replying to a post that is from Dec 2007 ! Please start your own thread telling us about your problem.

I don't have that old version on my computer but the one I do have does have "Edit In Label Creator"

Do you have Easy Media Creator 9 or do you have an OEM named as Creator 9 with a two letter designation such as DE or SE? Those are cut down versions and don't necessarily have the same as the full version. There is no Roxio 9 !

Edited by sknis

The following attachment is from Easy Media Creator 9.

post-81-0-15219700-1364246840_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I'm not sure what special status your chosen screen-name is meant to bring you, but you seem to have arrived here with a desire to nit-pick. Please lose that attitude.

First of all, there is no Brandon. I am Brendon. Please get it right. [see how silly the nit-picking looks? I'll drop the "First of all" stuff now.]

Now we have calmed down a little, this is the forum for Easy Media Creator 9, and that is what I'm using and referring to. I have versions 9.0 and 9.1, and they both behave identically with respect to Label Creator and Express Labeler. The version I have running on the bench at the moment is 9.0, and it has Express Labeler and Roxio Label Creator versions 9.0.5.96 - both of them.

In Bruce's post is the page In Express Labeler where number 3 is highlighted, since you don't like calling it stage 3. Please notice where the red arrow points.

If you don't see that in your program, I would suggest that you don't have Easy Media Creator 9. As Sknis suggested, you may have a cut-down EM version of the software which doesn't have Roxio Label Creator. If that is the case, then I'm sorry, but you probably can't use CD Creator 5 labels with your software, and you have fallen into the trap of assuming that the software you have is the only version that is out in the market.

Thank you,

Brendon