• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Is There Someone Not Having Problems With Creator Classic?

Maruchela

Question

I reconsidered returning emc8 for the reason that I had tested and liked mydvd8 module. So, for the third time uninstalled roxio, following the advice throughout the forum of the proper method to remove, then did a clean reinstall... First thing I tested was the creator classic and once again, was doing the disappearing thing as described on this link: Creator Classic Data Always Crashes

and this link: Error In Mfc71u.dll. Anyone Else?.

Having unistalled and reinstalled this program, plus reading in these forums I already knew not to have other packet writing software, however, emc8 automatically removed sonic's dla, when I installed emc8 the first time and I did not reinstall dla.

So I called roxio tech support to see if they had a solution and this is what was suggested:

uninstall emc8 through add/remove

remove roxio from program files folders and some other folders within windows explorer

edit the registry

then run windows install cleanup utility

run roxizap (optional)

uninstall Musicmatch (I have it, but do not use, so no problem there)

reinstall emc8

download and apply 8.05 patch (I have retail version)

Now considering that I had a major crash because of this software, I had to uninstall roxio with fear of it crashing my computer again, edited the registry which to me is risky, removed roxio/sonic from folders in windows explorer, and so on, then repeated some of these steps a few times, I haven't had a chance to neither test for other problems or most importantly, use the program for it's purposes.

So I posted this in the event that if someone has the patience and time to try what was recommended to me and provide some feedback. Will removing musicmatch really make a difference? I've already read several posts that applying the roxio update patch doesn't help.

My computer specs:

Dell Dim 8400, IP4, Proc. 530(3.0 ghz) w/HT tech

512 mb ddr2 sdram 400 MHz

80GB SATA

nec nd 2100ad dvd+rw 8x

tsstcorp ts h352c dvd rom 16x

128mb pci express x16 ati radeon x300 se

ieee 1394 ilink

Win XP Home SP2

Mcafee AV

Zone Alarm firewall

Aol anti spyware

Drivers and windows patches up to date

5 answers to this question

Did you read and try jeanrosenfeld's post way back?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mfc71u.dll is a Microsoft file, part of MFCDLL Shared Library and MS visual Studio .NET. v 7.10.3077.0, 1,047,552 bytes is the current version, which dates from 2003, I think. As trlowe ssys many apps include it in their own program folders.

EMC 8 includes it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Roxio Central\Main.

However when I check the modules loaded when I open creator classic (using What's Running or Process Explorer), I see that the one used by Creator Classic on my system is actually in C:\Windows|System32 folder. You could check if that is the case for you. Maybe the one used by Creator Classic has got corrupted. If you have another copy on your system, try copying it to the appropriate folder. You can also download it from

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc71u.

I have done all of the above - to no avail. I still get an error window that states the program Creator8.exe has an error, mentions mfc71u.dll ...

Why would this occur with a new install of Win XP Pro, no other programs installed, etc? Where's the conflict with the new install & how come others have not experienced this? Again, ECD 7.5 works like a charm, 8 and 8.05 - kerplunk rendering Creator Classic unusable.

What's running from

http://www.whatsrunning.net/whatsrunning/DownloadBeta.aspx

Process Explorer from

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

This post has been edited by jeanrosenfeld: Jan 25 2006, 01:36 PM

Me! Me! :)

See the link you referenced first in this post.

Notice that roxizap may/will not remove all traces of EMC 8. Read all of the posts to get the outline of the process that worked for me. I would now use RegCleaner Pro first.

Uh, BTW, I assume that your drivers, BIOS, etc are up to date.

Interestingly, I've been having the exant same problems. I get error in Creator8.exe and it also mentions mfc71u.dll file also.

I have a mirror image of my C drive so I futzed around and performed a NEW install of Win XP Pro - no other programs whatsoever (added - some MUST updates) and installed just Easy Creator 8 & patched with 8.05. Boom, I got the same error!! I'm using an Intel MB D865PERL, ATI X1300 Video card, and 2 gig memory. Sent Easy CD [crash] pictures of my screen showing what occurs when I try to run Creator Classic and, you guessed it, got a "canned" response of perforning a disk defrag, inactivate all startup program, ya-da-ya-da-ya-da... Same problem. I now use a freeware program but really miss some of the Easy CD associated programs. Anyone in the world find a fix????

Removed you e-mail address to try to keep you off some of the spam lists. All web site are trolled automatically to get e-mail addresses like this. If you want a person e-mail fom someone, you can use the pm facility available by clicking your name.

Interestingly, I've been having the exant same problems. I get error in Creator8.exe and it also mentions mfc71u.dll file also.

I have a mirror image of my C drive so I futzed around and performed a NEW install of Win XP Pro - no other programs whatsoever (added - some MUST updates) and installed just Easy Creator 8 & patched with 8.05. Boom, I got the same error!! I'm using an Intel MB D865PERL, ATI X1300 Video card, and 2 gig memory. Sent Easy CD [crash] pictures of my screen showing what occurs when I try to run Creator Classic and, you guessed it, got a "canned" response of perforning a disk defrag, inactivate all startup program, ya-da-ya-da-ya-da... Same problem. I now use a freeware program but really miss some of the Easy CD associated programs. Anyone in the world find a fix????

Removed you e-mail address to try to keep you off some of the spam lists. All web site are trolled automatically to get e-mail addresses like this. If you want a person e-mail fom someone, you can use the pm facility available by clicking your name.

Did you read and try jeanrosenfeld's post way back?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mfc71u.dll is a Microsoft file, part of MFCDLL Shared Library and MS visual Studio .NET. v 7.10.3077.0, 1,047,552 bytes is the current version, which dates from 2003, I think. As trlowe ssys many apps include it in their own program folders.

EMC 8 includes it in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Roxio Central\Main.

However when I check the modules loaded when I open creator classic (using What's Running or Process Explorer), I see that the one used by Creator Classic on my system is actually in C:\Windows|System32 folder. You could check if that is the case for you. Maybe the one used by Creator Classic has got corrupted. If you have another copy on your system, try copying it to the appropriate folder. You can also download it from

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc71u.

What's running from

http://www.whatsrunning.net/whatsrunning/DownloadBeta.aspx

Process Explorer from

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

This post has been edited by jeanrosenfeld: Jan 25 2006, 01:36 PM

Me! Me! :)

See the link you referenced first in this post.

Notice that roxizap may/will not remove all traces of EMC 8. Read all of the posts to get the outline of the process that worked for me. I would now use RegCleaner Pro first.

Uh, BTW, I assume that your drivers, BIOS, etc are up to date.

Archived