Dvd Builder

ask_mikie

I installed Roxio ECDC 6 Basic on my computer. It came with a TDK 840G internal dvd burner. I have flashed the 840G from 1.02 to the latest, 1.11. The burner is the master device on my second IDE channel. A TDK CD burner is the slave device. My computer is a Dell 4100 with a Pentium III at 866 Mhz and a WD 120G hard drive formatted NTFS. OS is XP Pro SP2.

I finally managed to download the updates to ECDC 6 after turning off my Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti-Virus and downloading and installing Firefox. I have installed all of the updates in the correct order, rebooting after each install.

Thinking I was finally ready to go, I started DVD Builder, connected my JVC camcorder (I don't remember the model number), and tried to capture some video. Naturally, the preview screen locked up almost immediately. The camcorder is still playing the video, but no capture. I tried quitting all applications. I have not tried stopping all the processes that are running. I have 384 MB of ram, so I set virtual memory to 384 min and 768 max. I also have a DSL connection. My 1394 card is from a product called Adaptec DV Pics, if I remember correctly. It came with an oem version of Videowave 4.

I can think of 2 possibilities for the cause of the problem, the pc is not fast enough to capture DV, or ECDC 6 is not compatible with my 1394 card. The system requirements say something about needing 1.6 Ghz for realtime DV capture. I'm not sure if this means any DV capture, or just capturing and burning straight to dvd, it's not exactly clear. The other possibility is that the 1394 card will only work with the Videowave 4 software it was bundled with. Of course, there probably are other possible causes.

Windows XP does show the camcorder in My Computer when it is connected. Lowly Windows Movie Maker captures the same video without a hitch! I suppose a work-around would be to capture video with the original bundled Videowave 4 or with Windows Movie Maker and import it into DVD Builder, but that seems pretty klunky. I am really beginning to despise Roxio software, their lousy support, and their stinking website.

Does anybody have any ideas? I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

ask_mikie

I installed Roxio ECDC 6 Basic on my computer. It came with a TDK 840G internal dvd burner. I have flashed the 840G from 1.02 to the latest, 1.11. The burner is the master device on my second IDE channel. A TDK CD burner is the slave device. My computer is a Dell 4100 with a Pentium III at 866 Mhz and a WD 120G hard drive formatted NTFS. OS is XP Pro SP2.

I finally managed to download the updates to ECDC 6 after turning off my Norton Internet Security and Norton Anti-Virus and downloading and installing Firefox. I have installed all of the updates in the correct order, rebooting after each install.

Thinking I was finally ready to go, I started DVD Builder, connected my JVC camcorder (I don't remember the model number), and tried to capture some video. Naturally, the preview screen locked up almost immediately. The camcorder is still playing the video, but no capture. I tried quitting all applications. I have not tried stopping all the processes that are running. I have 384 MB of ram, so I set virtual memory to 384 min and 768 max. I also have a DSL connection. My 1394 card is from a product called Adaptec DV Pics, if I remember correctly. It came with an oem version of Videowave 4.

I can think of 2 possibilities for the cause of the problem, the pc is not fast enough to capture DV, or ECDC 6 is not compatible with my 1394 card. The system requirements say something about needing 1.6 Ghz for realtime DV capture. I'm not sure if this means any DV capture, or just capturing and burning straight to dvd, it's not exactly clear. The other possibility is that the 1394 card will only work with the Videowave 4 software it was bundled with. Of course, there probably are other possible causes.

Windows XP does show the camcorder in My Computer when it is connected. Lowly Windows Movie Maker captures the same video without a hitch! I suppose a work-around would be to capture video with the original bundled Videowave 4 or with Windows Movie Maker and import it into DVD Builder, but that seems pretty klunky. I am really beginning to despise Roxio software, their lousy support, and their stinking website.

Does anybody have any ideas? I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

ask_mikie

You should contact TDK, as they provide the support for THEIR version of the Roxio software (you have a OEM version, and Roxio does not supply support for OEM,s).

Hopefully another user may have some other suggestions for you.

Archived