• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave 8 -few Issues

webbeing

Question

I'm confused. I've downloaded what I thought was Videowave 8, and what I've got is Roxio Photosuite & Videowave Premier Suite 8. So, the first question is this:

1. Is this a toned down version of Easy Media Creator 8, and will updates for EMC8 work for RP&VPS8?

2. On the UK site, there is no mention of Videowave 8 as a stand alone package. Is this a release in the U.S. only?

3. Is there a printable PDF manual anywhere for Videowave 8 or can you only print the help file?

Now, issues. I've produced a movie with some JPEG stills, and some MPEG clips, with transitions. 2 problems here:

1. The stills "move" slightly prior to the transition occurring, both at the beginning and end of each. When the movie reaches the MPEG sequences, every odd one won't play. There is just a green screen present. i.e. You see MPEG 1, then green over the next, then MPEG3, then green, etc.

The MPEG sequences were created using Photoshop to create some animated figures moving against a backdrop. There is about 40 cells in each. In Videowave, I reduced the duration of each cell to 0.40 of a second. I then produced that as a movie. The created movie was then dropped into Videowave again, and I speeded up the duration x3. This I produced and then put these in a new timeline to create the final movie.

Is this too much for the programme to handle?

The version of the software had the following info:

Module Name: Roxio Home

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 3.0.96B

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2005

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 2.7.40a, 70

Module Name: Roxio RecordNow Tools

Version: 3.0.0

Build: 300B51A, R8E

The pc I am using has the following:

Intel Pentium M processor 1.60ghz, 500mb SDRAM, Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML video card. 1280X800 res, 32 bit colour depth. Win XP Home SP2, 80GB HARD DRIVE.

I would be grateful for anyones thoughts on the above. I'm off to try and produce the same movie on good old Videowave 7 (them were the days!)

regards,

Webbbeing

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived