Mpeg2 Mdvd8 Add New Movie

tj_creator8_user

Question

Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 build:805B30B

When running MYDVD8 and choosing 'add new movie' I import an MPEG2 format video clip.

When previewing, I see the movie.

When burning, during the period of burn project, encoding movie, encoding preview I do not see the movie in the encoding preview window - just a screen that says MPEG2. After that, it encodes the menus, etc.

The resulting DVD cannot be viewed.

When I import AVI files all is well.

Any ideas why I might have a problem with MPEG2 files?

Can anyone validate that I should be seeing MPEG2 encoding preview as the movie being encoded and not a screen saying MPEG2?

5 answers to this question

Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 build:805B30B

When running MYDVD8 and choosing 'add new movie' I import an MPEG2 format video clip.

When previewing, I see the movie.

When burning, during the period of burn project, encoding movie, encoding preview I do not see the movie in the encoding preview window - just a screen that says MPEG2. After that, it encodes the menus, etc.

The resulting DVD cannot be viewed.

When I import AVI files all is well.

Any ideas why I might have a problem with MPEG2 files?

Can anyone validate that I should be seeing MPEG2 encoding preview as the movie being encoded and not a screen saying MPEG2?

That screen that indicates MPEG2 during encoding indicates that you already have a DVD compliant MPEG2 file and MYDVD8 is not re-encoding it. That is normal. The avi file on the other hand is not DVD compliant and MYDVD had to re-encode it, hence the video appears in the encoding window.

When you say the "resulting DVD cannot be viewed", do you mean on a TV top DVD player? Can it be viewed on the same drive that burned the DVD? If so, there is nothing wrong with the burn itself, but most likely the type of disc used is not "liked" by the DVD player.

Post back with the answers and I am sure someone can guide you in the right direction to try to resolve the issue.

I have a similar problem. I am making a DVD using VOB files from my DVD recorder/ Essentially, I am making one video out of several projects. Everything is OK with building the project as I do not have any errors, even after validating the project. When I click the button to burn the project, I selected DVD, and the resulting burn project screen shows the overall progress, CURRENT TASK, AND ENCODING PREVIEW, ETC.

However, after several hours, the percentage is still 0%, although the Current Task: Encoding Movie 3 of 4(0%) evidently show the progress is on movie 3. The Encoding Preview shows a black space. I have closed all open programs down to give the program exclusive rights to my memory and computer. Is this normal? How long should I wait? It's been over three hours now, and I still don't have a percentage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest ivanatrox

it looks like you have several video files in your project. Does the same issue happen with a different batch of video files? If you test the video files seperate, are you able to complete creating disc images for each of them?

Ivan

it looks like you have several video files in your project. Does the same issue happen with a different batch of video files? If you test the video files seperate, are you able to complete creating disc images for each of them?

Ivan

I have not tried individually. I will try this evening and report back.

Thanks for the time

Archived