• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Lock Up when importing CD

Ross Fisher

Question

:( I purchased Creator 10 in order to import all of my CD collection so that I could make CD's for my vehicles and transfer MP3 files to my RCA Lyra. I have a Bob Dylan CD "Greatest Hits Vol. II" everytime I try to import the music Roxio locks up and I get a message that it is not responding. Before my Motherbrd fried on my last computer I was running XP and using Musicmatch and the same CD loaded fine. Now I am running Vista and had to move to something else because Musicmatch isn't available.

3 answers to this question

:( I purchased Creator 10 in order to import all of my CD collection so that I could make CD's for my vehicles and transfer MP3 files to my RCA Lyra. I have a Bob Dylan CD "Greatest Hits Vol. II" everytime I try to import the music Roxio locks up and I get a message that it is not responding. Before my Motherbrd fried on my last computer I was running XP and using Musicmatch and the same CD loaded fine. Now I am running Vista and had to move to something else because Musicmatch isn't available.

Musicmatch still works. After you load it you will be prompted to update to Yahoo Music. Different interface but it does the same as musicmatch.

One thing to consider... Vista has much tighter DRM than XP did. I can't imagine that your CD would be protected but you never know. That may be the problem.

Newly authored music CD's, some do have DRM protection. It will not effect them playing on a CD player (yet) but computers could have a problem. When was the CD manufactured?

Archived