Sign in to follow this  
wizwork

Error Message 10 And 39 After Uninstalling Ecc4

I've been browsing the forum for awhile, but this is the first time posting. Hope someone can help.

My computer had ECC4 pre-installed when I bought it. It was also running Windows ME at the time. I upgraded to XP home edition and decided to uninstall the ECC4. Now here's the problem, I have a home recording studio on my computer and I use a midi keyboard for various Vst instruments, but since I uninstalled the ECC4 I can't get my keyboard to work. I've uninstalled the program and drivers many times but that doesn't work. I've gone to the m-audio site and updated the driver and that doesn't work either. Each time I install I get an error 10 message saying the software is installed but cannot start. I've used roxiozap. I've been to microsft help pages. I found one page that addressed problems after removing easy cd creator. It said to go into the registry editor and delete the upper and lower filters, I did that, and still nothing. Recently I had to reformat my harddrive, but because of moving around so much I lost my Windows ME disk, so I installed an old version of 98 and then upgraded to XP. I had hoped the reformat would have helped, buy no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been browsing the forum for awhile, but this is the first time posting. Hope someone can help.

My computer had ECC4 pre-installed when I bought it. It was also running Windows ME at the time. I upgraded to XP home edition and decided to uninstall the ECC4. Now here's the problem, I have a home recording studio on my computer and I use a midi keyboard for various Vst instruments, but since I uninstalled the ECC4 I can't get my keyboard to work. I've uninstalled the program and drivers many times but that doesn't work. I've gone to the m-audio site and updated the driver and that doesn't work either. Each time I install I get an error 10 message saying the software is installed but cannot start. I've used roxiozap. I've been to microsft help pages. I found one page that addressed problems after removing easy cd creator. It said to go into the registry editor and delete the upper and lower filters, I did that, and still nothing. Recently I had to reformat my harddrive, but because of moving around so much I lost my Windows ME disk, so I installed an old version of 98 and then upgraded to XP. I had hoped the reformat would have helped, buy no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It would appear ECDC 4 did indeed get removed. In doing so, you also removed something that allowed your other application to run. Have you tried re-installing your other application?j

(And modifying the upper and lower filters has to do with "missing burners", not "home recording studio".)

Lynn

Lynn,

Thank you for your reply. I've uninstalled and installed the software that came with the key board, and I attempted to use the application recovery disk before I had to reformat my computer,but now that I've reformatted, my computer won't recognize the disk.

wizwork,

I'm having difficulty working out what you've done to your system where Easy CD Creator 4 (ECDC4) is involved. This is where I've got to, so far.

- - - - - - -

I understand you had Windows Me on the system with a preinstalled ECDC4.

Then you installed XP home over the top of that? (Bad move, XP kills ECDC4)

Then you uninstalled ECDC4, but found your keyboard wouldn't work (because of XP, ECDC4, or no ECDC4?)

-at this stage your computer would have to be in a mess.

You say at some stage (which would have to be AFTER the above events) you reformatted the hard drive.

You couldn't find your Me disk, so installed Win98 (Looking good -Win98 is much better than Me)

Then you put XP over the top of Win98 (not good, messes things up)

Now you've reinstalled your keyboard program, but it still won't go.

You're getting errors number 10 and 39 from your keyboard program, and a message says the program is installed but cannot run.

- - - - - - -

Is this the sequence of events please? It's the best I've been able to make of it while reading your message over carefully, many times.

If this is so, then Easy CD Creator doesn't enter into the final problem because it would have disappeared when you formatted the hard drive.

You are left with a system where XP Home has been put on top of Win98, and your keyboard program won't work now.

This would suggest that either the combination of XP over Win98 has messed up your keyboard program, or else your program won't run under XP.

My suggestion would be to reformat and install XP Home straight off, then try your keyboard program. If the program runs, you will be happy. If it doesn't run, at least you'll have a tidy installation of XP Home.

If that was NOT the sequence of events then there's something you haven't told us. Please start again and set out, in order, exactly what you did in terms of installing operating systems and formatting your hard drive, and where ECDC4 comes into it.

Brendon,

Thank you very much for your reply. That is pretty much the sequence of events as they happened, but maybe I can fill in a couple of holes in my story. The reason I have associated my problem with easy cd creator 4 is because when I first started getting the error messages it was right after I deleted it off of my computer, and when I clicked on the icon offering more information as to why I had the error messages it explained that my keyboard didn't work because a driver associated with easy cd creator 4 had been deleted along with the program. My keyboard worked with XP before I deleted ECC4. The reaon I didn't just put window XP on my computer and leave off the win 98, is because I only have a win XP home edition upgrade disk. I hope this helps, and thanks again.

wizwork

Thanks wizwork,

but now you have me totally confused.

If:

-you had ECDC4 preinstalled on your WinMe

-then formatted the HD (removing everything)

-then installed Win98

-then installed XP on top

then HOW did ECDC4 get back on the hard drive so that "My keyboard worked with XP before I deleted ECC4" ??

Do you in fact have an installer CD for ECDC4, and did you reinstall it after you put Win98 on your system??