• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Creator (for CDs)

aj502

I have no printer connected to my computer (well, I do but it's a goner) so is there an option to create a label/CD sleeve and save it to a floppy so I can take it to a Kinko's and print it from there?

I kinda doubt Kinko's would let me install the proggy on one of their 'puters so I can veiw/print the .jwl file...

I cannot figure out how to do so if this is possible at all.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

-aj

I have no printer connected to my computer (well, I do but it's a goner) so is there an option to create a label/CD sleeve and save it to a floppy so I can take it to a Kinko's and print it from there?

I kinda doubt Kinko's would let me install the proggy on one of their 'puters so I can veiw/print the .jwl file...

I cannot figure out how to do so if this is possible at all.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

-aj

That all depends. What program would you be using to create the label design ?? And with all the sales going on this time of year, you can pick up a pretty good printer that would do the job for you. So ask Santa for a printer :D

Frank...

I have subsequently gotten my own printer, but for a while I used the Kinko's tool (downloadable, altho I picked up a mini-CD at the store) and was able to save the files as .jpgs or Kinko's own file format, and walk them down to Kinko's on floppy (or Flash drive or CD). It's still on my Win98 SE computer, but I've never loaded it on the Win2000 because I just send it to my own printer now.

http://fedex.kinkos.com/fpfk/index.php

In effect, it adds an extra virtual printer that lests you either save the file, or send it on line to Kinko's and you can pick it up later.

Lynn

That all depends. What program would you be using to create the label design ?? And with all the sales going on this time of year, you can pick up a pretty good printer that would do the job for you. So ask Santa for a printer :D

Frank...

Well, I planned on using the Roxio one as I'm pretty familiar with it already. Don't really have the funds ATM to get a new printer but wanted to get these labels out fairly soon, thus looking for a way to save to a floppy and use an alternate printer.

Maybe Adobe Reader will read the .jwl file? I'd have thought you'd be able to choose more than one type of file when saving but doesn't appear so. :(

Save as .jwl, and use the Kinko's tool I mentioned earlier. That's what I did in that situation.

Lynn

Oh, I must've been replying to the other poster and didn't see your post. That sounds like exactly what I need (until I get a new printer)!!!

Coolness! Thank you very much!

-aj

Archived