• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Why Toast Changes File Size For Cd Burn?

tedmoores

Question

3 answers to this question

I want to burn a 400MB video file to video CD.

When I drop it into Toast 7.02 and burn it the file size is 22MB.

I an using new CD disks w/plenty of room for this file.

Thanks for the help.

Ted

Video CD is an MPEG 1 video format. That means it is very compressed in size. You could choose Super Video CD as the format and it will be compressed to MPEG 2 which has higher quality and lesser compression.

How do you plan to use the video? If you plan to play it on your Mac or other computer then Video CD is not a good choice. Please explain more about what you want to do with this video and I may be able to give you some suggestions. Also, what is the format or source of the original video?

Video CD is an MPEG 1 video format. That means it is very compressed in size. You could choose Super Video CD as the format and it will be compressed to MPEG 2 which has higher quality and lesser compression.

How do you plan to use the video? If you plan to play it on your Mac or other computer then Video CD is not a good choice. Please explain more about what you want to do with this video and I may be able to give you some suggestions. Also, what is the format or source of the original video?

The original video is from FCP>Final Cut Pro Movie>Compressor>MPEG 2>Toast 7 Video CD.

I have also tried FCP>Final Cut Pro Movie>Toast7 Video CD.

The video is 400 MB (uncompressed) I'd like to put it on a Video CD without compressing for distribution at work.

Not all the computers can play Super Video CD format???

Is there a way I can drop 400MB file into Toast Video CD and tell Toast not to compress it (and still have it open easily in Windows Media Player?

The original video is from FCP>Final Cut Pro Movie>Compressor>MPEG 2>Toast 7 Video CD.

I have also tried FCP>Final Cut Pro Movie>Toast7 Video CD.

The video is 400 MB (uncompressed) I'd like to put it on a Video CD without compressing for distribution at work.

Not all the computers can play Super Video CD format???

Is there a way I can drop 400MB file into Toast Video CD and tell Toast not to compress it (and still have it open easily in Windows Media Player?

The Video CD spec requires MPEG 1 video. Forget about the Video CD or super Video CD formats. Those are for playing on standalone DVD players, not computers. Since you want to play this video on a computer you can simply burn the QuickTime video to a CD using the Mac & PC format in the Data window and retain its full quality.

Archived