• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Chapter Thumnails

bpiepiora

Question

In MyDVD 8 I am unable to place a thumbnail in place of the "boxes" which are the defalt.

I right click on the chapter, select thumbnail, find an appropriate thumb from the chapter, select OK and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

PS. Why are the areas in the "View" tab greyed out in MyDVD 8? Is there an upgrade? Seems silly.

4 answers to this question

Thanks for the help. Thinking of getting DVDit Pro. Do you know if the upgrade will work with MyDVD 8 or do I have to buy the full version? Seems kind of expensive. Any thoughts?

Thanks again,

Bob

The VIEW menu items are context sensitive. It just depends on what you have selected in the edit window. The only one that I know that is permanently greyed is 'settings'. That isn't available in the recent version. I haven't seen the MyDVD 8 Premier version so this may be available in that.

The Timeline and Storyboad only show up when you click on EDIT MOVIE.

I own DVDit Pro also. It is a very powerful DVD authoring application. It does NOT edit movie files. It only creates the DVD menu and burns the disc. The learning curve is a bit high. I'm still learning stuff about it. However, it is very powerful and flexible. It has totally different menu templates than MyDVD 8, too.

The VIEW menu items are context sensitive. It just depends on what you have selected in the edit window. The only one that I know that is permanently greyed is 'settings'. That isn't available in the recent version. I haven't seen the MyDVD 8 Premier version so this may be available in that.

The Timeline and Storyboad only show up when you click on EDIT MOVIE.

Archived