• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems Adding Text To Frame In Vw8

pam_mortensen

Question

I just replaced my Videowave 7 Pro with Easy Media Creator 8 Suite and I am trying to add text to just the frame. The only way I have figured out is to add text to the whole movie and then "edit" so it doesn't play for more than the frame. The problem is that it only allows me to add text once~! What is up with that? I am used to adding text to my transitions, scene changes and credits, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Pam

5 answers to this question

Switch to Timeline view. You can add text as much as you want adn where ever you want. There is only one Text track so there is that limitation.

To adjust the text duration, 'grab' the beginning or end of the text block and drag to opposite direction. The mouse cursor will change to two arrows when it is the correct position.

post-49-1142053685.jpg

Switch to Timeline view. You can add text as much as you want adn where ever you want. There is only one Text track so there is that limitation.

To adjust the text duration, 'grab' the beginning or end of the text block and drag to opposite direction. The mouse cursor will change to two arrows when it is the correct position.

Thank you for your reply. I had found that I could end the text by grabbing the arrows, but I am used to the VW7's ability to edit each clip. I am so frustrated that this "upgraded" version seems to have fewer features!

About sound editing, it seems to be the same as text...you can't edit each clip?

I wish I didn't have the new camera (Sony Handycam Mini DVD), then I would still be happy with my VW7. I

I am used to the VW7's ability to edit each clip.

Be more specific. I have no trouble editing any part of a clip. Adding text or overlays. Please read through the manual and Help files. There are more advanced features in EMC8 than in EMC7.

You are correct that the audio editor is not available in this version. Only the Audio Trimmer. However, you can still fade in/out, adjust volume and mute by clicking on the little blue speaker just above the preview window.

post-49-1142094796.jpg

Archived