• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Using Short Tracks In Jam-crossfades

sammelmike

Question

I am building a CD simulating rock radio from the 1960's or 1970's, so some of the tracks I am using are jingles of five to eight seconds in duration. For some reason, when attempting to build the crossfades out of these short tracks, I am not able to slide the incoming track far enough to the left in the crossfade window to have the crossfade occur where I want it. The software stops me, like I've hit some brick wall. Do I have some preference set up incorrectly? I can't believe that Jam cannot accomodate crossfades with short tracks. Thanks to all.

3 answers to this question

1) Jam wont let you overlap crossfades (if a fade into a track runs into the 3rd second, it wont allow you to fade out of it, starting at 2 seconds)

2) The audio format requires that a track be at least 4 seconds long. You may be running into a wall here called "The Red Book Standard" (audio CD standard).

Thanks very much for your response. The four second limitation is something I was not aware of. I assume this means four seconds in the clear of any crossfade, since as I designed it, fades were not running beyond the short track and into the next track. I appreciate your help.

Thanks very much for your response. The four second limitation is something I was not aware of. I assume this means four seconds in the clear of any crossfade, since as I designed it, fades were not running beyond the short track and into the next track. I appreciate your help.

The four second limitation means that the entire track is >= 4 seconds long. You can, therefore, have inside of that one 1 second crossfade, and one 3 second crossfade, or two 2 second crossfades, etc... Of course, if the track is 50 seconds long, I believe you could have one 49 second crossfade, and one 1 second crossfade :) (Not sure if there is a limit on this)

Archived