Cant Burn Ridata Dvd-r Dl

merkk

Question

using easy media 7.0 basic and a plextor px-716al

I'm trying to burn an iso image to disc and every time i try i get this error:

the target media type is incompatible or is in the wrong state for the operation or the recording.

I found one old post from boards.support.roxio in googles cache (you guys didnt migrate the old posts??) in which someone said that EMC7.x does not support DVD-R DL ... is this true?

10 answers to this question

What firmware version is your 716A at? How big is your Iso file? Was it created in your Roxio version 7.

The current firmware version for your 716A is Version 1.09 Date posted: October 19, 2005.

Your 716A at 1.04 firmware only supports DL -R at 2X.

Download this free no problem Iso burn program. http://www.imgburn.com/ Current version: 1.2.0.0

Released: 22nd February 2006. Load your Iso in and burn to the -R DL Ridata. If there's a problem its the media.

Ditch the Ridata DL media! I have heard more problems with Ridata and Memorex DL. Buy Verbatim.

cdanteek

The Ridata +R DL did not work with my Plextor. I used to use nothing but Ridata media, and it always burned well up until a box of 10 that I got about 7 months ago. I got the box, because 2 DL's came with it, and the price was about $20. None of those discs burned with my Plextor, so I now burn Verbatim media.

for what its worth, when i tried it with version 8, the disk burned ok and it was a ridata disk.

I'll try verbatim next time, if they arent significantly more money.

If a significant % of discs in a given package won't work, the effective price of the package is higher than a more expensive brand that always works.

Lynn

the target media type is incompatible or is in the wrong state for the operation or the recording.

I found one old post from boards.support.roxio in googles cache (you guys didnt migrate the old posts??) in which someone said that EMC7.x does not support DVD-R DL ... is this true?

Right, Roxio/Sonic was unable to migrate the old board posts to the new forum.

Did the v7 Basic that you have come with the Plextor drive? If so, contact Plextor to see why they did not provide you with a version that will write to DL discs. they are the ones who decide which features/functions are in the Basic versions they supply. Roxio does not support or offer updates to the basic versions. That is the responsibility of the OEM that provided the Roxio branded software.

i actually just got off the phone with roxio since their support was open. And they arent sure. He had to use google to dig up the same article i found in google but he's not sure if it supports it or not.

From the post i saw in google's cache though, it doesnt sound like its a feature plextor can turn on or off since the person having this problem seemed to have the 7.5 retail version the roxio support person was saying dvd-r dl wasnt supported in that version.

Just seems odd to me that plextor would ship software that doesnt fully support their drive.

i actually just got off the phone with roxio since their support was open. And they arent sure. He had to use google to dig up the same article i found in google but he's not sure if it supports it or not.

From the post i saw in google's cache though, it doesnt sound like its a feature plextor can turn on or off since the person having this problem seemed to have the 7.5 retail version the roxio support person was saying dvd-r dl wasnt supported in that version.

Just seems odd to me that plextor would ship software that doesnt fully support their drive.

Have you tried a dvd+r dl disc? That was the first type of dl disc to come out, with the -r ones coming much later. I missed the part in your original post where you noted dvd-r dl, otherwise I would have suggested that first since that drive supports both types of dl discs. The +r dl was supported in 7.1.x, but I'm not sure the -r dl ever was until v8.

well i specifically picked the -R discs because they can record at 4x ... or at least thats the claim :)

I guess i have to complain to plextor. They shouldnt ship software that doesnt support all the main features of their drive.

You are correct. There is no support for the DVD-R DL discs. There may not be support for any DL disc with the Basic version. I don't know, but it seems that it is time to upgrade your version.

well i specifically picked the -R discs because they can record at 4x ... or at least thats the claim :)

I guess i have to complain to plextor. They shouldnt ship software that doesnt support all the main features of their drive.

What firmware version is your 716A at? How big is your Iso file? Was it created in your Roxio version 7.

The current firmware version for your 716A is Version 1.09 Date posted: October 19, 2005.

Your 716A at 1.04 firmware only supports DL -R at 2X.

Download this free no problem Iso burn program. http://www.imgburn.com/ Current version: 1.2.0.0

Released: 22nd February 2006. Load your Iso in and burn to the -R DL Ridata. If there's a problem its the media.

Ditch the Ridata DL media! I have heard more problems with Ridata and Memorex DL. Buy Verbatim.

cdanteek

Archived