cant add certain videos

fleahorse

Question

sorry, im new using roxio and myDVD, but whenever i try to add a certain video, there is just a red circle with a cross, thru the middle, i cant even select it. The file is an avi. however, at the same time there is another avi file i can add to myDVD.

so i thought, maybe the video is corrupt but i plays fine on WMP and RealPlayer, so its definitevley not corrupted, and i can also add a different avi file to myDVD.

Also when i try to add another video, which is an MPG it isnt even on the list. So when i press add movie, it isnt even an option to be selected, but its definitevly in the folder im looking at.

Any help would be appeciated, and i already tried the fixing problems for both EMC 9 and DivX, that didnt help me either.

Thanks,

6 answers to this question

Dimensions? Absolutely Not!

It has to do with the format they are in… AVI and MPG are general containers for video. But when you get into TiVo, Xvid and other non-standard file types, it becomes a crapshoot.

Where did they come from? Since you have Real Player, maybe it can tell you what the properties are.

ok, its odd though becuase there is also a different AVI which i can add.

ok my mistake the MPG one is called MPG Audio, but it is still a video. My version of REal player is too old, to play the mpg audio, but WMP will play it.

I got both videos of a website that hosted the videos.

The AVI File:

Audio: Duration 0:43:09

Bit Rate 95kbps

Audio Format Mpeg layer 3

Video: Frame Rate 25 frames/second

Data Rate 140kbps

Video Sample Size 12 bit

Video Compression DivX YV12

For this video a red circle with a cross through it appears

I havnt yet found out the properties of the MPG audio

Dimensions? Absolutely Not!

It has to do with the format they are in… AVI and MPG are general containers for video. But when you get into TiVo, Xvid and other non-standard file types, it becomes a crapshoot.

Where did they come from? Since you have Real Player, maybe it can tell you what the properties are.

I have a similar problem. I downloaded several files from my Tivo with Tivo to Go. Most files and I can import and use in Videowave, but occasionally one of the files shows up in Media Manager with it's attributes listed as :

0:00:00.00, 0x0 pixels, 0.0 fps, 0-bit

The file is normal size but I can't do anything with it using Creator 9

No idea what the problem is. Tried downloading again from Tivo and the same problem exists. The file plays fine on the Tivo box....

ok, its odd though becuase there is also a different AVI which i can add.

ok my mistake the MPG one is called MPG Audio, but it is still a video. My version of REal player is too old, to play the mpg audio, but WMP will play it.

I got both videos of a website that hosted the videos.

The AVI File:

Audio: Duration 0:43:09

Bit Rate 95kbps

Audio Format Mpeg layer 3

Video: Frame Rate 25 frames/second

Data Rate 140kbps

Video Sample Size 12 bit

Video Compression DivX YV12

For this video a red circle with a cross through it appears

I havnt yet found out the properties of the MPG audio

That particular AVI is DivX. You will have to have a DivX codec to use it. I know nothing about them, but Google will turn up something…

A similar problem is going to exist for the other file.

I have a similar problem. I downloaded several files from my Tivo with Tivo to Go. Most files and I can import and use in Videowave, but occasionally one of the files shows up in Media Manager with it's attributes listed as :

0:00:00.00, 0x0 pixels, 0.0 fps, 0-bit

The file is normal size but I can't do anything with it using Creator 9

No idea what the problem is. Tried downloading again from Tivo and the same problem exists. The file plays fine on the Tivo box....

TiVo is a proprietary, non-standard format that requires TiVo Desktop to run…

And this has nothing to do with this thred!

Archived