• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Analog video capture error

The Seif

Question

Hey all ... Just downloaded and installed EMC 10 and am trying to capture some video from a VCR using an internal PCI Conexant 2388x capture card. After choosing the card in the capture "video" dropdown" and the capture window opens I get a "unknown capture error" box, and it is very persistent, it won't stop coming back after closing, lol. Thinking maybe the VCR had to be on with a tape playing I tried it that way with the same results.After checking the KB (no luck) I put a ticket in and was told that the card is not on the supported list for EMC 9 (I guess they don't have one made up for 10 yet). Here's the thing, the card and capture feature work just fine in EMC 7 which I've been using and is still on the PC. So wouldn't you think if the card is support by 7 that it would certainly be supported by 10 ???? They should be adding support for more devices, not taking it away. Not a biggie, I'll just use 7 to capture analog. The capture in 10 does work for a miniDV using fire-wire. I was just hoping that maybe some nice smart person here might have some ideas that may get it working since I hate paying good money for a program of which parts don't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 answer to this question

Archived