• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

copy the exe files

ginette

i want to buy media 10 from the roxio site without buying the cd or the 2 year download option;

can i just copy the exe files which i download from the site on a dvd or cd ?

thanks

Yes you can copy them to a disc but with the content included, you'll need a dvd as a cd won't hold the complete program. I'd never buy software online and not keep a backup.

There is a steady trickle of people who downloaded older Vesions - say, 5 or 6 or 7 - and didn't make a backup disc, and want to re-download it several years after it ceased to be available.

Moral: Burn a backup, or buy a backup disc.

Lynn

thanks, your help is appreciated

as a suggestion - when you have the exe files, open them with winzip or winrar (they're self-extract archives) and copy the contents into two folders - one labelled program and the other content.

Then burn the contents of those to two separete CDs (that way you won't have to hunt if it decides it needs to check on a .msi file which can't be accessed because it's archived) ;)

as a suggestion - when you have the exe files, open them with winzip or winrar (they're self-extract archives) and copy the contents into two folders - one labelled program and the other content.

Then burn the contents of those to two separete CDs (that way you won't have to hunt if it decides it needs to check on a .msi file which can't be accessed because it's archived) ;)

very helpful, thanks a lot

Archived