Problem Copying Music to CD-R

Nolen

Question

First time using Roxio. Trying to copy music from my computer too A CD-R. After selecting the music I want to burn on the CD-R I get a Window advising "Please insert a blank or rewritable CD into TST Cord DVDRW DL (E:) drive. Than it provides examples: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R etc." The last statement in the Window is "The disc you inserted is not blank." The disc I am using is Memorex CD-R and never used of course. My operating system is Vista-Home Edition. Probably a learning curve for me but I sure need help as this program appears to have a lot of capability. Help would be appreciated.

10 answers to this question

What program, in EMC 9, are you using? Use Music Disc Creator.

Thanks for the help but I was not able to find the program Music Disc Creator. I have been trying to use Create audio CD for car or home CD player in Roxio Creator Basic v9.

It was provided with my computer.

Yes, that's a limited version of the software so you do not have most of the more functional programs. When you click on the " Make CD for Home etc." a program opens in your home page screen.

At the bottom of the screen , is the correct burner selected (if you have more then one)? To the right of that, there is a small options icon. Click on that. Select your drive with the CD in the drive. Does it show that the drive is there and can burn the CD or do you get an error?

Put the blank disc in your drive, on the left side should be an icon of a disc. What do you see there? Does the program should an empty disc with time available on it?

A couple of other things. Do you have a packet writing program on your computer - Roxio's is Drag to Disc, Nero's is InCD. There are others. If you ever tried to use one of these programs, you would have had to format the disc. With other burning software there would be no formatting of the blank CD.

Try converting all the files to a wav file before you burn using a conversion application. I can't tell you which one since you have the OEM version. What audio formats are the music file?

The other possibility is that the disc(s) is(are) bad. It happens with inexpensive or store brands. Try several from different levels of the cake box (if that is what you have) or go out and buy something better (Memorex is not better). Verbatim are usually available.

Thanks for all the help from all of you. HP recommened I unistall and then reinstall Roxio. I did that and checked Device Manager and it indicated in Device Properties that that it was working. That did solve the problem and I am thankful for your help.

Drag to Disc does not interfere with any burner… Never has…

If you read the OP his drive does not recognize a blank CD when inserted…

We have been asking for some details but the OP does not provide any…

I never said it did.

If the poster inserted a formatted disc, the program would not recognize it as a blank. The poster said it was never used; not that it came directly out of a package.

It is also a MEMOREX. No telling about that. :rolleyes:;)

First time using Roxio. Trying to copy music from my computer too A CD-R. After selecting the music I want to burn on the CD-R I get a Window advising "Please insert a blank or rewritable CD into TST Cord DVDRW DL (E:) drive. Than it provides examples: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R etc." The last statement in the Window is "The disc you inserted is not blank." The disc I am using is Memorex CD-R and never used of course. My operating system is Vista-Home Edition. Probably a learning curve for me but I sure need help as this program appears to have a lot of capability. Help would be appreciated.

What program, in EMC 9, are you using? Use Music Disc Creator.

Archived