• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Manual Scene Detection

kennethjess

Question

I have recently installed Easy Media Creator 8 and tried to use Scene Detection. I would like to do this manually as desceibed in the help notes but when I open the Scene Detection Window there are no manual features available the ADD SCENE HERE feature refered to in the help notes is not shown anywhwere on the window. Can anyone tell me why?

12 answers to this question

Don't confuse 'scene detection' in Media Selector and 'Chapter Marks' in MyDVD 8. They are totally different. As far as I know, there is no manual 'scene detect' in Media Selector in the recent version. You can do manual chapter marks though. I made the same error with an earlier poster.

If you indeed have manual scene detect, what program did you purchase? MyDVD 8 Premier just may have this enabled.

I was refering to the manual scene detection in MyDVD8 when you edit chapters.

I also found the automatic scene detection in the Media Manager. Thanks.

Please note at the top of each Help screen is a disclaimer that some features discribed may not be in the version you have purchased. The Help file covers several different versions.

Manual scene detect is not in the recent release of EMC8.

I have manual scene detect in EMC 8 (version 8.05) download.

Scenes and chapters are not necessarily the samething. 'Scenes' is used in Videowave and used to deteremine where a transition or effect can be placed. Sometimes called a 'clip'. The video file MUST BE cut or split so a transition or effect can be placed.

Chapter marks are used when creating the DVD menu system. Chapter marks can be placed absolutely ANYWHERE even in the middle of a 'clip' where there are no spilts or cuts. Think of a chapter mark more like an HTML link. it's just a mark telling the player to jump to a certain time marker in the movie.

I know it's confusing when a commercial DVD refers to chapters as 'select scenes'.

I have manual scene detect in EMC 8 (version 8.05) download.

Don't confuse 'scene detection' in Media Selector and 'Chapter Marks' in MyDVD 8. They are totally different. As far as I know, there is no manual 'scene detect' in Media Selector in the recent version. You can do manual chapter marks though. I made the same error with an earlier poster.

If you indeed have manual scene detect, what program did you purchase? MyDVD 8 Premier just may have this enabled.

Scenes and chapters are not necessarily the samething. 'Scenes' is used in Videowave and used to deteremine where a transition or effect can be placed. Sometimes called a 'clip'. The video file MUST BE cut or split so a transition or effect can be placed.

Chapter marks are used when creating the DVD menu system. Chapter marks can be placed absolutely ANYWHERE even in the middle of a 'clip' where there are no spilts or cuts. Think of a chapter mark more like an HTML link. it's just a mark telling the player to jump to a certain time marker in the movie.

I know it's confusing when a commercial DVD refers to chapters as 'select scenes'.

I what to create scenes to place a transition between them. when I use auto detect it creates to many scene even at its lowest sensitivity so it would be best if I could do this manually. My vido camera has gone for repair or I would capture the tape manually and split the capture into a number of separate files. Is this the best way to achieve what I want?

Regards

Ken

Open VideoWave and add the captured video to the storyline. Switch to time line. Play the video or just move the slider to toe point where you want to cut the video, select the double headed arrow icon or right click. Repeat as necessary. Go back to storyline and add the transitions. You can delete scenes by doing the above and then going to the end of the scene you want to delete and cut it again. Select the scene you want to delete and delete it. The rest of the video closes up so you don't have gaps unless you want them. Add transitions as you wish.

Remember you are not changing the original video; just creating a set of instructions of what to use and what not to use in the project. You can always use undo or start a new project if you really screw up.

I what to create scenes to place a transition between them. when I use auto detect it creates to many scene even at its lowest sensitivity so it would be best if I could do this manually. My vido camera has gone for repair or I would capture the tape manually and split the capture into a number of separate files. Is this the best way to achieve what I want?

Regards

Ken

Regards

Ken

I must be missing something, as I opened VideoWave and added the captured video to the storyline. Switched to time line. Moved the slider to toe point to cut the video, but then I can see no double headed arrow icon.

Tried right clicking everywhere but not sure what to look for. Just downloaded EMC8 last week, so new at this. Tried the other method of manual scene detection with Media Selector/Scene Detection window. Can see no icon for Add Scene. What am I missing?

I must be missing something, as I opened VideoWave and added the captured video to the storyline. Switched to time line. Moved the slider to toe point to cut the video, but then I can see no double headed arrow icon.

Tried right clicking everywhere but not sure what to look for. Just downloaded EMC8 last week, so new at this. Tried the other method of manual scene detection with Media Selector/Scene Detection window. Can see no icon for Add Scene. What am I missing?

The double headed arrow icon for "Split the Selected Item" is to the right of the Clock icon- "Adjust Duration" and the left of the musical note icon-"Add Background Audio" -- in a series of icons which probably runs across the screen just below the middle. The double headed icon will be greyed out unless you actually select -- that is click on -- a clip in the timeline editor.

Manual Scene detection is available in Videowave 7 (Easy Media Creator 7 Suite) but not in Videowave 8 (Easy Media Creator 8 Suite). It is available in Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe Suite.

Roxio's March 30, 2006 press release about the Deluxe Suite says that an upgrade for registered users will be available in April.

Thanks for your info.

The module name is Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version 3.0.0

Build 3.0.90a

How else can I break a large file into smaller sections.

Regards

Thanks for your info.

The module name is Roxio Creator 8 Suite Home

Version 3.0.0

Build 3.0.90a

Regards

Those numbers mean nothing. Open Creator Classic, go to help, and post the build number that is there.

You can still do that manually in Videowave. The thing is what is your purpose for doing it? If there are parts to be cut out, then Videowave is a good place for that. If you really want chapter marks to be navigated on a set top player, that's done in MyDVD.

Archived