• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

cda burning in "audio"

big daddy

Question

i just bought roxio 10 creator suite and also updated to vista a few days ago. i used 7.5 creator for several years and it worked real good. with roxio 10 i am having several problems. i put a commercial cd in the rom tray and the tunes come up in the left box but when i click on one and hit "add" it doesn't come up in the box in "audio". the tunes never come up in the quick find box on the right. i have always burned tunes from cd's to wave files and never thought you could burn them from cda's anyway. i also tried to rip a commercial cd from the rip cd section and it will not work. i have a dual drive on my new computer which is a bit hard to get used to anyway. i have another ripper and i used that and tested the roxio 10 burning and that part worked fine. i did install a roxio update, quite large but it does not seem to help. also, after i clear out of roxio 10 it will not come back up. i have to restart my computer. any help will be appreciated. thanks, big daddy.

5 answers to this question

i just bought roxio 10 creator suite and also updated to vista a few days ago. i used 7.5 creator for several years and it worked real good. with roxio 10 i am having several problems. i put a commercial cd in the rom tray and the tunes come up in the left box but when i click on one and hit "add" it doesn't come up in the box in "audio". the tunes never come up in the quick find box on the right. i have always burned tunes from cd's to wave files and never thought you could burn them from cda's anyway. i also tried to rip a commercial cd from the rip cd section and it will not work. i have a dual drive on my new computer which is a bit hard to get used to anyway. i have another ripper and i used that and tested the roxio 10 burning and that part worked fine. i did install a roxio update, quite large but it does not seem to help. also, after i clear out of roxio 10 it will not come back up. i have to restart my computer. any help will be appreciated. thanks, big daddy.

What update for EMC 10 did you install? There isn't one, that I know of.

What program, in the EMC 10 suite, did you use for use to try to rip to your hard drive? It is looking like Vista DRM is playing a hand in this.

Maybe the folks, who have Vista, can let you know if it is a factor or not.

i did some more testing since my last post. it appears that my cd is not being recognized by roxio 10. as i said earlier, i have another ripper "audio edition" and it ripped the tunes fine. the update that i downloaded was the only one available for emc 10. it was 790 mb and took quite awhile to download even on my high speed road runner server. i was trying to burn in emc 10 from the "audio" part of emc 10. i tried to use creator classic which i used for years in 7.5. should i re-install emc 10? thanks for your help

i did some more testing since my last post. it appears that my cd is not being recognized by roxio 10. as i said earlier, i have another ripper "audio edition" and it ripped the tunes fine. the update that i downloaded was the only one available for emc 10. it was 790 mb and took quite awhile to download even on my high speed road runner server. i was trying to burn in emc 10 from the "audio" part of emc 10. i tried to use creator classic which i used for years in 7.5. should i re-install emc 10? thanks for your help

Well, terminology here is what was not understood. Are you saying that you downloaded EMC 10? If you did, you also need to download the Content file, which is another 700+MB file. And, it is not an update, which would be a patch. It is an upgrade.

If EMC 10 isn't recognizing your burner, run the PX engine, in the following URL.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4195

Also, use Music Disc Creator or Sound Editor to rip your CD tracks.

Well, terminology here is what was not understood. Are you saying that you downloaded EMC 10? If you did, you also need to download the Content file, which is another 700+MB file. And, it is not an update, which would be a patch. It is an upgrade.

If EMC 10 isn't recognizing your burner, run the PX engine, in the following URL.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=4195

Also, use Music Disc Creator or Sound Editor to rip your CD tracks.

i downloaded "roxio EMCDL" X suite 10_47 37GA51RO5. in the "audio cd" box, the tracks will come into the left window with a little music note and the tracks by number. i highlite one of them and click on "add tracks" but nothing happens. the cursor just goes around for several secons. in the "quickfind" box on the right, i click on "drive e in the drop down and nothing comes in there. again, i ripped a cd in "audio edition" and put them into "my music" then put them into roxio 10 and burned them to disc. it worked fine. thanks, david w.

i downloaded "roxio EMCDL" X suite 10_47 37GA51RO5. in the "audio cd" box, the tracks will come into the left window with a little music note and the tracks by number. i highlite one of them and click on "add tracks" but nothing happens. the cursor just goes around for several secons. in the "quickfind" box on the right, i click on "drive e in the drop down and nothing comes in there. again, i ripped a cd in "audio edition" and put them into "my music" then put them into roxio 10 and burned them to disc. it worked fine. thanks, david w.

Did you download this from Roxio?

Archived