• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Install Or Uninstall Emc 7 - Help!

maxabby

Question

I received a disc with EMC 7 when I bought my lacie burner with lightscribe. Everything installed just fine. I decided yesterday to try the lightscribe. Had to update the driver, update lightscribe etc. Did all that and in the process my computer crashed. Turned off and left it for awhile, came back and set a restore point. All running well - lightscribe working. Now every time I turn on the computer a window comes up to install EMC 7. I have tried putting in the disc and going through the install process - a window with Severe on it comes up with the message: unable to find a certificate file. I have tried going into Add/Remove Programs to uninstall and then reinstall but it will not uninstall - comes up with the same message and then the message: There was a problem authenticating your version. Please make sure your system is set to the correct date. Perhaps the restore did the damage. Can anyone help me to uninstall EMC 7? I actually don't use this program and would like it removed. Cheers! :)

2 answers to this question

I ran Windows Installer Cleanup Utility after reading some of the posts here. That got rid of the window that was coming up on booting up the computer. The program is now just sitting there in the program file - can't use it and can't uninstall it but it is no longer in my face so will let it just lie there if no one can tell me how to remove it! I don't mind now - there are a few programs on my computer I don't use and this one can join the list. Cheers. :)

I ran Windows Installer Cleanup Utility after reading some of the posts here. That got rid of the window that was coming up on booting up the computer. The program is now just sitting there in the program file - can't use it and can't uninstall it but it is no longer in my face so will let it just lie there if no one can tell me how to remove it! I don't mind now - there are a few programs on my computer I don't use and this one can join the list. Cheers. :)

Drag it to the Recycle Bin.

Archived