• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Use Dazzle DVC90 for Audio Only Capture?

Jeff from KY

Question

Just wondering if it is possible to capture only audio input using the Dazzle DVC 90 device? If not, what USB audio capture devices out there would you recommend? The laptop I'm using only has a single mic input and I'd like to be able to capure stereo audio.

I should have mentioned that I am on Vista.

Thanks

Jeff

4 answers to this question

Thanks for taking the time to reply. So generally, laptop mic inputs actually take stero input? I imagine there are adapters that have the single mini-mic plug on one end and two (L & R) plugs/connectors on the other?

I mispoke, most plugs are mono. Yes, you can always capture stereo to mono with a wire you described and then split the channels in Sound Editor to give a left and right effect.

Just wondering if it is possible to capture only audio input using the Dazzle DVC 90 device? If not, what USB audio capture devices out there would you recommend? The laptop I'm using only has a single mic input and I'd like to be able to capure stereo audio.

I should have mentioned that I am on Vista.

Thanks

Jeff

No that device will not capture audio only regardless of the OS. Is the mic input on the laptop a stereo input-- two pins out of the source and one pin into the jack on the computer? Mono jack? I'd be surprised.

No that device will not capture audio only regardless of the OS. Is the mic input on the laptop a stereo input-- two pins out of the source and one pin into the jack on the computer? Mono jack? I'd be surprised.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. So generally, laptop mic inputs actually take stero input? I imagine there are adapters that have the single mini-mic plug on one end and two (L & R) plugs/connectors on the other?

Archived