• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC won't get past disk 1

deedee101

Question

I have never had a program that installs in dos mode. This is the first. It won't get past disk 1, and stalls in disk 2. I have tried it in 3 HP machines, and all are fast upgraded machines. I left disk 2 in the machine last night figuring it must be a tons of extracting....nope.... it didn't finish, and just stopped. I am giving up. EMC 9 upgrade was a joke too. I rather stay with EMC 6. Least I am real familiar with all the programs. Any suggestions?

1 answer to this question

I have never had a program that installs in dos mode. This is the first. It won't get past disk 1, and stalls in disk 2. I have tried it in 3 HP machines, and all are fast upgraded machines. I left disk 2 in the machine last night figuring it must be a tons of extracting....nope.... it didn't finish, and just stopped. I am giving up. EMC 9 upgrade was a joke too. I rather stay with EMC 6. Least I am real familiar with all the programs. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'dos mode'. For the install not to work on 3 systems, you must have a problem with the disc itself! Try copying the disc to your hard drive and running from there. Also, make sure the disc is clean.

Archived