• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mpeg2

ed_chin

Question

Have upgraded from MyDVD 6 to MyDVD 8 which came with EMC 8 Suite. I have a Dell Dimension 8400, Pentium 4, 3.4 GHZ, with 1024 MB memory.

I have a new Sony DVD 403 video camera that outputs video in MPEG2. I've built my project in MyDVD8 using MPEG2 video from my Sony video camera, and it looks fine when I preview it, including chapter, menus, slieshows, etc. I burn to a DVD volume folder first just ot make sure I don't end up with a coaster. What happens when I view the DVD volume folder, is the audio is slightly out of synch with the video. It looks like when I see the finished product, a video frame occasionally repeats itself so that the sound is slightly ahead of what is on the video.

Just as a point of interest, I tried using my old version of MyDVD6. No problems with audio and video in sync in the finished product but when I capture the mpeg2 files into the project, the whole file doesn't come over. So, as an example, if the mpeg file I add to the project is 3 minutes long, maybe 20 seconds of the beginning of the file are in the project but the rest of the 2 plus minutes is nowhere to be found.

Hope someone can assist with this

4 answers to this question

I have a Dell Dimension XPSgen3 with 3 gig of ram and I'm having the same problem. The sound is anywhere from half a second to 2 seconds off. I don't remember ever having this problem with version 7.5 but I cannot make a file of any kind with version 8 that isn't off. The sound is in sync when I view it in the video edit mode but as soon as it is output to a file or to a dvd ISO image it is out of sync.

This problem makes version 8 almost unusable and that is really sad because I like most of the features they've added.

Hope we can get a fix soon. I've read all the stuff I can find on the site and none of it seems to help my problem at all.

Well I've done a bit more testing and I find after reinstalling version 7.5 that it works perfectly with all my files. The sound is in perfect sync. With version 8 the sound is always out of sync.

So I opened a web ticket which they seem to be determined to ignore. I'm convinced that there is a bug in version 8 which causes this problem and for some reason the creators are choosing to ignore us instead of fixing the problem. It would seem that they would understand that this is not good for sales. I've already suggested that my friends not upgrade until they fix this problem.

Please create your own threads. Although you maybe having similiar problems, the solution may not be. Ed_chin is very specific to miniDVDs and has been posted before.

Ed - do a search on the forum for 'miniDVD'. I'm not sure if the other person had a solution or not.

Editing MPEG files is not recommended because it can easily cause problems like OOS. This is not unique to Roxio products. ALL video editors have audio/video sync issues when editing MPEG files. It's an extremely technical issue because of the way MPEG files are compressed. Some editors like Adobe's products do NOT edit MPEG at all, but rather uncompress the file before editing which means you need lots of hard drive space.

Have upgraded from MyDVD 6 to MyDVD 8 which came with EMC 8 Suite. I have a Dell Dimension 8400, Pentium 4, 3.4 GHZ, with 1024 MB memory.

I have a new Sony DVD 403 video camera that outputs video in MPEG2. I've built my project in MyDVD8 using MPEG2 video from my Sony video camera, and it looks fine when I preview it, including chapter, menus, slieshows, etc. I burn to a DVD volume folder first just ot make sure I don't end up with a coaster. What happens when I view the DVD volume folder, is the audio is slightly out of synch with the video. It looks like when I see the finished product, a video frame occasionally repeats itself so that the sound is slightly ahead of what is on the video.

Just as a point of interest, I tried using my old version of MyDVD6. No problems with audio and video in sync in the finished product but when I capture the mpeg2 files into the project, the whole file doesn't come over. So, as an example, if the mpeg file I add to the project is 3 minutes long, maybe 20 seconds of the beginning of the file are in the project but the rest of the 2 plus minutes is nowhere to be found.

Most of us usually burn to File (iso) then use disc copier to burn the file to disc. Give that a try with RW media for testing how it plays.

Defrag before 'burning' the ISO often helps.

Roxio's V8 MyDVD is not related in anyway to the Sonic MyDVD programs.

I have a Dell Dimension XPSgen3 with 3 gig of ram and I'm having the same problem. The sound is anywhere from half a second to 2 seconds off. I don't remember ever having this problem with version 7.5 but I cannot make a file of any kind with version 8 that isn't off. The sound is in sync when I view it in the video edit mode but as soon as it is output to a file or to a dvd ISO image it is out of sync.

This problem makes version 8 almost unusable and that is really sad because I like most of the features they've added.

Hope we can get a fix soon. I've read all the stuff I can find on the site and none of it seems to help my problem at all.

Archived