• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

During Playback screen size changes when captions or transitions are play

johnnyo

Question

I created a movie in EMC10. I burned it MPEG2. when I was viewing it on the widescreen TV, everytime a transition played or a caption the screen resizes from 16:9 to 4:3 during playback... weird. I am going to try and burn it in a different format to see what happens.

Any help is greatly appreciated

John

4 answers to this question

Are you sure it was fixed?

I downloaded EMC10 today and made a full DVD in widescreen with 17 movies and 5 menus. The root menu displays fine in widescreen but when you go to a movie the screen switches to 4:3. I can switch the screen back to widescreen with the remote but it reverts again at next play.

The movies are Microsoft avi's created from Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 (I had to abandon Adobe Encore because it would not create a DVD - avoid it like the plague). Thought I'd finally got it sorted with EMC10.

Is there a work-around?

This was a problem in EMC 9, but I thought it was fixed in V10. It only happens with certain situations and may not happen with everyone. I believe it is a video card issue.

It was fixed in EMC 10.

I created a movie in EMC10. I burned it MPEG2. when I was viewing it on the widescreen TV, everytime a transition played or a caption the screen resizes from 16:9 to 4:3 during playback... weird. I am going to try and burn it in a different format to see what happens.

Any help is greatly appreciated

John

If you are building your production in VideoWave, don't output to anything. Use MyDVD to burn that VideoWave production to a disc or image file.

Archived