• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Update required?

kwalkz

Question

I've read through this thread and some others and still have not seen a solution to the problem that doesn't involve upgrading to Roxio 9. Does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem described in this thread. Yes I've updated Directx and my video drivers.

7 answers to this question

Thanks for the heads up I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. I figured it was self explanatory since that was the section I was posting in. I've read through the other posts in this thread again and am using software rendering as suggested by someone else as a work-around.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who post in the wrong place (or even in the forum for suggestions for future releases). I apologize for question that.

So the software rendering is working? What video card do you have or is it a chip? Because you are using software rendering, you'll not be able to use some transitions and the rendering will be slightly slower. there are some tweaks for some video cards that would allow you to use those other Video Wave transitions.

Have you thought about an ATI card with Avivo? The Avivo card will capture analog like the old All-in-One cards. Be careful because VIVO cards do not capture analog (that designation stands for video in/vido out).

You've been tremendously helpful. I do need one that captures analog. Do you have a favorite (especially one that plays well with Roxio)?

You've been tremendously helpful. I do need one that captures analog. Do you have a favorite (especially one that plays well with Roxio)?

My video capture card is very old so I'm not sure it is still available. Roxio has a list of devices they tested here. This is not a complete list; others may work but just haven't been tested.

You can buy EMC 10 Deluxe if you desire and it comes with the Dazzle DVC 100 device which is an analog to digital converter that uses on of your USB ports. I find less sync issues with the USB device than with the A/D card but I think that the captured video is slightly sharper with the card. Sync is xured by capturing in shorter (10 minute segments or so).

You posted to a more than one year old thread; many people will not see your question. Please start your own thread with your problem and with your computer information. You also need to post what product you have now.

Thanks for the heads up I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. I figured it was self explanatory since that was the section I was posting in. I've read through the other posts in this thread again and am using software rendering as suggested by someone else as a work-around.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who post in the wrong place (or even in the forum for suggestions for future releases). I apologize for question that.

So the software rendering is working? What video card do you have or is it a chip? Because you are using software rendering, you'll not be able to use some transitions and the rendering will be slightly slower. there are some tweaks for some video cards that would allow you to use those other Video Wave transitions.

It's working but it is definitely slower. I also am having a hard time creating custom themes, but that's a separate issue, I think. I'm using a Rage 128 Pro PCI as my default card and a second monitor is using the onboard chip which is an ATI Radeon X1250. I'm thinking of getting another separate adapter card. I need a capture card as well.

I've read through this thread and some others and still have not seen a solution to the problem that doesn't involve upgrading to Roxio 9. Does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem described in this thread. Yes I've updated Directx and my video drivers.

You posted to a more than one year old thread; many people will not see your question. Please start your own thread with your problem and with your computer information. You also need to post what product you have now.

It's working but it is definitely slower. I also am having a hard time creating custom themes, but that's a separate issue, I think. I'm using a Rage 128 Pro PCI as my default card and a second monitor is using the onboard chip which is an ATI Radeon X1250. I'm thinking of getting another separate adapter card. I need a capture card as well.
Have you thought about an ATI card with Avivo? The Avivo card will capture analog like the old All-in-One cards. Be careful because VIVO cards do not capture analog (that designation stands for video in/vido out).

Archived