• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Combining Two Productions Into One

meadow

Question

I apologize if this isn't a new topic. But I tried to find to the answer to my problem on the other posts and couldn't. I am a novice at computer usage and using the Roxio Creator 9. I'm not familiar with some of the terminology that is used. So I would appreciate simplicity.

Anyway, here's my problem. I have made two productions using VideoWave. They each contain their own audio. I can open each one separately. If possible, I'd like to combine the two productions into one production. After opening either production, I have tried to Add Content through Add Photo/Video. I get a window "Insert photos/videos". When I try to open the folder in the "Folders" tab that contains the two productions in My Documents, all I see is a message, "There are no media files in this folder that match filter settings. To change the filter settings, click the Filter for Media Types button. Note: There may be other types of files in this folder. Media Manager displays only media files." I haven't the slightest idea what this means or what to do. Also, if I try to locate the productions in the "My Media" tab, all I find are the photos that are used in the productions.

I'd appreciate any help that any of you can give to me.

Thank you.

Chris

1 answer to this question

I apologize if this isn't a new topic. But I tried to find to the answer to my problem on the other posts and couldn't. I am a novice at computer usage and using the Roxio Creator 9. I'm not familiar with some of the terminology that is used. So I would appreciate simplicity.

Anyway, here's my problem. I have made two productions using VideoWave. They each contain their own audio. I can open each one separately. If possible, I'd like to combine the two productions into one production. After opening either production, I have tried to Add Content through Add Photo/Video. I get a window "Insert photos/videos". When I try to open the folder in the "Folders" tab that contains the two productions in My Documents, all I see is a message, "There are no media files in this folder that match filter settings. To change the filter settings, click the Filter for Media Types button. Note: There may be other types of files in this folder. Media Manager displays only media files." I haven't the slightest idea what this means or what to do. Also, if I try to locate the productions in the "My Media" tab, all I find are the photos that are used in the productions.

I'd appreciate any help that any of you can give to me.

Thank you.

Chris

That's because the files you saved, in VideoWave, are not video files. They are sets of instructions on what to do with the files that you used to create your production.

If you want to burn both of those VideoWave projects, as one production, close VideoWave, open MyDVD, then click on Add New Movie (confusing, isn't it?), browse to the folder where you saved your VideoWave productions (.dmsm file extensions), select them, then click Add.

Your production can now be burned as one movie.

Archived